SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 - Year in Review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 - Year in Review Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
What news story/event from this year has stayed with you, maybe enough to have you thinking about it for years to come?

For me, it is the kids trapped in the cave. That nations were able to cooperate and coordinate enough to get them all out safely might be as close to a miracle I’ve ever seen.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12352 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The corrupt media continue their year-round relentless coordinated attacks on the President. Nothing else comes even close.

Q

Posts: 26522 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Kavanaugh hearing -

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Kavanaugh hearing

Yeah, I have to agree with that.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The corrupt media continue their year-round relentless coordinated attacks on the President. Nothing else comes even close.

This

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1383 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Neither made the media but in 2018 my experiences with destroying my left rotator cuff followed by my encounter with Clostridium difficile will be with me until I shuffle off this mortal coil.

As for stories that didn't make it into the media there really wasn't any singular event this year it's so enthralled me when I compared it to my own personal problems. I guess it just goes to show that where you stand depends on where you sit.

I'm working on a longer post about those two experiences and what they taught me. So keep an eye out, I hope it's going to be an interesting discussion.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The one single significant event for 2018 is the Kavanaugh confirmation debacle.

The roaring economy is the feel good story of the year.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The high stakes poker match....the wall. They called his bluff on the government shutdown, and now moving into 2019, it's time for the Dems to ante up or fold. Can he do it???

Posts: 3233 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tua's 41 yard strike to DeVonta Smith in overtime to seal Alabama's miraculous come from behind victory over Georgia in the national title game.

Had to lighten the mood just a bit. Smile

Roll Tide!

Posts: 1132 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Kavanaugh hearing

Yeah, this. It really showed what the left is capable of by their willingness to destroy a man and his family to protect their agenda. This action elevated my hatred of the left exponentially that was already high.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
That idiot from Colorado who killed his entire family, simply because it baffles my mind how someone can be so evil.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Kavanaugh hearing

Yeah, this. It really showed what the left is capable of by their willingness to destroy a man and his family to protect their agenda. This action elevated my hatred of the left exponentially that was already high.

Jim

Yep, I'm sure they will be even more disgusting if\when RBG gets replaced.

Posts: 1975 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Falcon Heavy.

Posts: 3531 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post