SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Articles of Impeachment for Rosenstein
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Articles of Impeachment for Rosenstein Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted
House Republicans introduce articles of impeachment against Rosenstein

A group of 11 House Republicans introduced five articles of impeachment against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein Wednesday evening.

The impeachment articles accuse Rosenstein of intentionally withholding documents and information from Congress, failure to comply with congressional subpoenas and abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

The application heavily relied on the infamous Steele Dossier, which was funded by the Clinton campaign and the DNC and contained unverified, salacious allegations against President Trump.

"Under Mr. Rosenstein’s supervision, the Department of Justice and FBI intentionally obfuscated the fact the dossier was originally a political opposition research document before the FISC [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court]," the articles of impeachment state.

They continue: "As Deputy Attorney General, Mr. Rosenstein has failed in his responsibility for the proper authorization of searches under FISA, and his conduct related to the surveillance of American citizens working on the Trump campaign has permanently undermined both public and congressional confidence in significant counterintelligence program processes."

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...inst-rosenstein.html

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it be easier for Trump to just fire him?

Posts: 20611 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IMHO, nah. Let Congress work the system. If Trump were to fire him outright, I can't even imagine the bloviating that would spew forth from the Left-tards.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I'd be very happy about this if I thought that the House would follow through and impeach this SOB. But with Ryan as Speaker, I dont think a damn thing will come of this.

Other than pissing off the little thin skinned pissant. Which, in and of it self is a good thing.

I hope we keep the house and senate in the mid-terms. Because if we do, I think Uncle Trump will fire Rosenstein AND MUELLER - and hopefuly Mr. MAGOO too! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Just more Kabuki theater from Washington.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Man! I wish something would happen to these people!

Something happens

MAN! I'm tired of nothing happening to these people!

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15864 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I don't know what he may or may not have done wrong, but he is one arrogant sonofabitch when testifying before Congress.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4373 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Really the best thing for everyone is for Rosenstein to just resign. I just don’t think that little weasel will do the right thing though.

Posts: 5201 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Finally congress does something about the corruption. I don’t think they will vote to impeach but that’s ok. As long as we keep the senate Trump can just fire him in November.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I'd prefer to see the FISA court judge toss his ass in jail on contempt charges. That should have happened months ago and can happen tomorrow. Who's running this thing?

Posts: 3695 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posturing. That's all that it is.

They get to run home during the August recess and pound their chest about how tough they are.

At the end of the day, they are the swamp, and the first rule of the swamp is to preserve their own power and position above all else.

Posts: 499 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Oh the eleven of them are serious about this. It's the other 424 who are the problem.
But at least a few are trying.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24644 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
I heard Rosenstein’s wife was good at opposing FOIA requests. Google popped up the following up.

Link

Enter Lisa Barsoomian, wife of Rod Rosenstein. Lisa is a high-powered attorney in Washington, DC, who specializes in opposing Freedom of Information Act requests on behalf of the Deep State, err, I mean, the Intelligence Communities.
Lisa Barsoomian works for R. Craig Lawrence, an attorney who has represented Robert Mueller three times, James Comey five times, Barack Obama forty-five times, Kathleen Sebellius fifty-six times, Bill Clinton forty times, and Hillary Clinton seventeen times between 1991 and 2017.
Barsoomian participated in some of this work personally and has herself represented the FBI at least five separate times. It would be great to research the specifics of the cases she worked in, many of the documents from the Court Docket relating to these cases have been removed from the D.C. District and Appeals Court, including her representation for Clinton in 1998’s case Hamburg. V. Clinton.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
His name is all I have heard since the inauguration. He must run the entire DOJ. Damn, wouldn't it be nice if we had an Attorney General?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
Posturing. That's all that it is.

They get to run home during the August recess and pound their chest about how tough they are.

At the end of the day, they are the swamp, and the first rule of the swamp is to preserve their own power and position above all else.
+1

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

No, also fund raising in the Heartland.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
link to the Meadows and Jordan resolution:

https://t.co/VhvLW6xGte

downloads as pdf

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Silly waste of time. Even if Paul Ryan ever brought it to a vote (which he won't), it wouldn't pass in the House and it wouldn't get 10 votes in the Senate, let alone the 66 required to convict.

Rosenstein could be on video robbing a bank and the dems in the Senate wouldn't vote to remove him from office.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Silly waste of time.

Frustrating, isn't it?
There are a handful of patriots in the House, actually attempting oversight... and they are thwarted by the deep state at every turn.

Rosenstein should have been fired on Day 1, along with Comey.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24644 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Silly waste of time.

Frustrating, isn't it?
There are a handful of patriots in the House, actually attempting oversight... and they are thwarted by the deep state at every turn.

Rosenstein should have been fired on Day 1, along with Comey.

Frustrating and sad. It never should have gotten to this point - Trump is right: If Sessions was going to recuse himself he should have told Trump up front BEFORE he accepted the position. There never should have been a recusal and never should have been a special prosecutor. This whole farce should have been headed off up front.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post