SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vague thread titles

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Vague thread titles Login/Join 
posted
Guys, don't do this. Do not give your thread a misleading, vague title that will cause members to click on it.

Just don't do this here. If you want click-bait, the internet is sickeningly full of that shit. You can't go anywhere online where people are not pulling this crap. Don't do it here.

If you feel the need to use a thread title such as "Once again, in desperation", it damn well better be important.

Use descriptive thread titles which accurately describe the subject of your thread. Avoid click-bait titles. Avoid sensationalism. Do not mislead your fellow forum members.
-Para

couldn't find the original edict ,
but it seems the practice has resumed

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54681 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Further to the point: Para has banned the practice: From this point, any click-bait, vague thread titles gets your thread locked

That was seventeen months ago. Maybe it needs a bump?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thats what I went looking for but did not find it

Posts: 54681 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

posted Hide Post
Well if we all get to act like moderators then here’s my bitch. I fucking hate that you found it necessary to start a thread about vague titles then go back and search out para’s thread on vague titles and felt the need to bump both fucking threads today that say the identical thing. What the actual fuck?

I suppose I should just be happy that you occasionally capitalize nowadays.

Glass fucking houses.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Well if we all get to act like moderators then here’s my bitch. I fucking hate that you found it necessary to start a thread about vague titles then go back and search out para’s thread on vague titles and felt the need to bump both fucking threads today that say the identical thing.

Then you'll love this: He bumped this thread, Para's thread, and a third thread: Please title your thread in a way that describes the content.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4724 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Couple of examples of vague threads titles ...
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...720032974#1720032974
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...850093874#6850093874

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Gawd, gotta luv ya Chief! lolololololololololol

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Vague thread titles

What about vague thread titles? Confused Razz

Posts: 21115 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Where's the "beating a dead horse" emogee?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:

Oh boy. He's on a roll, folks. He bumped Member behavior and the administering of SIGforum and saw fit to chastise a member directly: No matter what, just don't quit

You're becoming annoying, bendable.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
No matter what, just don't quit

Saw that and not even a vague thread title. Well, maybe to one.

Posts: 4724 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
the king of poor grammar, non capitalization, and nonsensical everything. strikes again. and again.

and again. sorry I used so much punctuation

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
the king of poor grammar, non capitalization, and nonsensical everything. strikes again. and again.

and again. sorry I used so much punctuation

bendable can write well in standard English when he chooses to do so. The bizarre spacing, punctuation, etc. seen in his posts is an affected style.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8994 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
affected style.

Yeah but affected by what? Big Grin

He's been amusing in the past. Even entertaining. But today's BS was so far over the line that he's lost me....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:

Oh boy. He's on a roll, folks. He bumped Member behavior and the administering of SIGforum and saw fit to chastise a member directly: No matter what, just don't quit

You're becoming annoying, bendable.

Agreed. Bumping Para's thread makes sense, bumping more than that just becomes obnoxious.

Posts: 6352 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post