SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For those who love R/C aircraft....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those who love R/C aircraft.... Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted
I give you this:

Concorde and the Red Arrows in formation - but smaller

https://youtu.be/2JtykQpATbA

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://youtu.be/2JtykQpATbA

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
That was just really impressive. Not only to the craftsman that built them (the concord, wow), but to those controllers flying them.

POV flight is getting big but most folks energy seems to be in drones that just go up and down basically. Hopefully, RC planes will start growing again.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3664 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Wow! That was cool. Thanks for sharing.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2107 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That stuff is always impressive. I don’t know if this is or not but it seems like 90% of the outrageous jet powered RC vehicles have a German guy involved somewhere.

I’m not sure what was meant that drones basically just go up and down. A sport drone is capable of crazy maneuvers. Way more than any airplane.

Posts: 4011 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
R/C modeling is VERY big in Europe because the cost of general aviation flying/flying lessons is EXTREMELY expensive. Probably 2 or 3 times that of the cost in the U.S...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
That was great. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
model airplanes have sure changed since I was a kid - my first model airplane was a balsa and tissue F4U Corsair that flew pretty well with a rubber band as the engine. Spent hours on it putting the tissue over the balsa and then painting it midnight blue

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post