SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a app for heart monitor -
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a app for heart monitor - Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
SigFanRoy, do you have the LinQ monitor? That is what I have. I have a desktop device on my bedside table that downloads info at some point really early every morning. I wonder if this app would augment this, like if I slept on the couch or in another room. Or if I was traveling….

The Medtronic app on the phone takes the place of the LinQ monitor, which I would have to take with me when I travel if not for the app. I decided to use the app solely and sent the monitor back to the company.

Makes things easier, just have to keep the phone nearby and the app running in the background all the time. I'd prefer to not have the phone nearby at night but that is the price of the convenience of using the phone instead of the base station monitor.

Posts: 1160 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Edited my initial post with the correct distance from my chest, 6 feet when I record an event or symptom. Normal bluetooth range for just monitoring the loop recorder.

Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Pretty ignorant on the subject but i think the option to keep running on the background is what you need

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12261 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Guess it’s my only option with the iPhone,which I have been using all along.

Posts: 4444 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why you need an app?
I'm on my second pacemaker now due to low battery. My pacemaker is a recorder. It is constantly recording and saving the data.
I found out I went into Afib 2 days after the phizer vaccine.
I have a Merlin box that can read and send data when I am sleeping.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9086 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The app and phone replaces the box that sits on your nightstand and allows you to travel without having to drag the box around with you. Makes life a bit easier to me.

4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I see. I was told that Abbott will not make a pacemaker that is Bluetooth compatible due to the fact it could be hacked. Hence the big box that it communicates with..I've never taken mine out of the house..it usually only needs to hook up once a month

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9086 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post