SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Smoked Beef Brisket
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smoked Beef Brisket Login/Join 
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted
Putting this on my Pit Barrel Cooker today Big Grin

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Nice. I do 3 or 4 a year on my BGE. One of my favorites.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not done a brisket in awhile. Be sure you show the end results.

Posts: 1571 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I like mine slightly more well done. Let's see some smoke ring pics later.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Nice looking brisket! Careful when that brisket gets close to being done. I've seen more than one story of a brisket pulling off those hooks and dropping into the coals beneath it. You can put a grate on top of those barrel cookers can't ya? That's what I'd do.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I will post the end results. It hangs to 160, then it gets wrapped in tinfoil with a little beef broth and set on the grate to finish to 200. The only times I have had meat drop in the coals is when I dropped it Smile

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Yes! We need more of this.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7082 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
PLEASE DONT WRAP IN TINFOIL. Butchers paper or parchment paper. Tinfoil will steam it.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7082 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
It's not handy for me to get right now. Another time I will.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
PLEASE DONT WRAP IN TINFOIL. Butchers paper or parchment paper. Tinfoil will steam it.

Better yet regular Kraft paper from a hobby store, or peach paper if you can order it. Definitely don't want lined butcher paper/freezer paper.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12443 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Barbeque brisket is the king of meats. I'd just about rather eat it than any steak.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
As much as I like a good hunk of smoked brisket (and I very much do), the king of meats (which I'm reading as the best cut of beef)? No. That would be the rib (as in prime rib or rib steak) or the short loin (porterhouse, NY strip, Filet Mignon.)

The brisket needs smoking or other low slow cooking techniques because it's naturally tough, and needs to be broken down. The other's I mentioned aren't and don't.

quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Barbeque brisket is the king of meats. I'd just about rather eat it than any steak.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Warhorse is going to the butcher today to get one, they are on sale for $4.99 a pound.

Unsure if I will use the WSM, or the electric smoker.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
As much as I like a good hunk of smoked brisket (and I very much do), the king of meats (which I'm reading as the best cut of beef)? No. That would be the rib (as in prime rib or rib steak) or the short loin (porterhouse, NY strip, Filet Mignon.)

The brisket needs smoking or other low slow cooking techniques because it's naturally tough, and needs to be broken down. The other's I mentioned aren't and don't.

quote:

I suspect a faulty zip code has led you to this argument of fact.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12443 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
When is the Karma?? Big Grin

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
No meat is better than Slow and Low Texas style beef brisket.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
No meat is better than Slow and Low Texas style beef brisket.

Dear Santa,
Don’t bring 46and2 any meat this year. He turns his nose up at tender juicy smoked brisket.
Your friend,
Sportshooter

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
You needs you some meal protection, son.

Looks like a nice piece of meat. Although I don't like mine still mooing.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Okay, assume similar preparation (nice long smoking), and I put a hunk a prime rib and a pile of brisket in front of you, and you could only have one, which would you pick? Then again, maybe your post already says it.

quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

quote:

I suspect a faulty zip code has led you to this argument of fact.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Prime Rib is bland trash compared to a good brisket.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post