SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Edited question (electric now OK). My wife wants an ice cream maker for our anniversary. Suggestions from the SF brain trust solicited.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Edited question (electric now OK). My wife wants an ice cream maker for our anniversary. Suggestions from the SF brain trust solicited. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a rival which I think is the nostalgia one. I didn't go with the Cuisinart because I think it requires crushed ice. Anyways I used it about 20 times and made very good tasting ice cream and very good flavors, but couldn't get the texture better than blue bell or Publix brand (definitely not Haagan Daz texture) which was still very good. Use lots of rock salt on the ice. That being said, it was a pain in the ass and cost $20-25 to make 4-5 quarts of ice cream. Hence, once the novelty wore off, I stopped using it and it's been sitting in my garage un touched for 4-5 years.

The Ben and Jerry's ice cream cook book has some really excellent recipes. You can find most of their recipes online for free, so you don't have to give those liberal jerks any of your money by buying the book!!!!! I did the vanilla, cherry vanilla, orange and cream, French Vanilla, rocky road, and a few others that were all excellent tasting.

Here's some of them:
https://www.recipesecrets.net/...-jerrys-recipes.html

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Sounds like there are several opportunities for a Karma directly to BB61. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post