SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    O.K. Sig Forum Members: Let's project some power!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

O.K. Sig Forum Members: Let's project some power!!! Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
http://www.warhistoryonline.co...llustrious-sale.html

Our own aircraft carrier!!! USF Para (United Sig Forum PARA)!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20388 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Recycling only?

That sucks.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Yeah, apparently history is expensive.

Think we could pull the wool over their eyes and sail it away for Somali coast cruises?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20388 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Does it come fully fueled and with jets?

We'll recycle it alright, into the first internet board official yatch.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
22,000 tons, how quaint.

We carry more than that in fuel.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
22,000 tons, how quaint.

We carry more than that in fuel.

So you're saying it's affordable, then...

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
"Lusty". I like that.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Does it come fully fueled and with jets?

Not sure we need that. As long as we can spot weld some tailhooks onto whatever our pilot-type members are flying these days (or catch them in those fancy pop-up cargo net things), we already have our own little air force, right?

-Rob

A=A

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I can see it now. No more banhammer. Just a skateboard, a rocket engine, some zip ties and that ramp!

Seriously, did the Brits buy that carrier from the Russians or the Chinese?

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only if they toss in a few Harrier jump jets.
Jolly good show!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'll chip in a few pesos if we call it Boaty Mc Boatface.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
"Lusty". I like that.

Velly lusty.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...sold for scrap to a Turkish concern in August 2016, eh? Can the fiesty old gal still be liberated? Else, sounds like the beginnings of a Jack Ryan-esque caper! Smile

https://news.usni.org/2016/08/...lustrious-sold-scrap

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6733 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted Hide Post
~80,000 members...30 bucks each...throw in a few bucks for an olive green paint job.

I think we can swing it.

Recycle? I think the above plan constitutes recycling.

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
No one asked the most important question: Can we water ski behind it?

RMD

Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Designate it the P228.

It's going to look a little odd with tiki lights running down the sides of the flight deck.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
If we can launch jaguars off it.....I am in

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
"Lusty". I like that.

The deck has an erection

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6401 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I've seen we have a few pilots, experienced sailors ect. However, me-thinks we-the-forum have waaayyy more gunners than that flat-yacht has turrets.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2079 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Collectively, we could afford to buy it and fuel it. Ammo costs however..........

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post