SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What caulk / glue to adhere paver to brick?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What caulk / glue to adhere paver to brick? Login/Join 
Picture of holdem
posted
Update - Thanks for the Loctite PL500 recommendations. I did look at that, but the 2-7 day cure time scared me away. So I went for the Loctite PL Max Premium, which has a 24 hour cure time. I applied the stuff yesterday evening and it seem as if the pavers are now rock solid.

On my front porch I have pavers. The pavers are thin and laid on top of the orginal brick front porch. A few of the pavers are loose. Most are in the middle of other pavers and other than being able to hear the slight movement when I step on them, they do not pose a hazard. However, one of the loose ones is on the edge and when stepped on it flips up and I can easily see someone getting hurt on this paver.

So I ran off to Lowes to buy some caulk / glue to fix these loose pavers. I slathered a generous amount under the paver on the edge and let it sit overnight. I checked on it the next morning and it was still loose, as the stuff was still wet to the touch.

Here is what I used;

Now what do I want to go buy and use?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: holdem,

Posts: 2315 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
3M 5200

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40066983/

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11304 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would use concrete patch and Polymeric sand in the joints.

In a few days, it would be very solid and water can't get in to loosen other pavers.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I believe what you used is a caulk designed to fill cracks. You need an adhesive designed for bonding concrete. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lo...ve-1683231/203266767

Posts: 3233 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
To just attach it plain old Liquid Nails works just fine, have used it many times.
HD/Lowes also has other adhesives in their cement aisle too.
Use a cementitious product for grouting.

Posts: 22943 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Loctite PL500 or Liquid Nails Landscape Block.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10498 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Liquid Nails.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
Sikaflex

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Liquid nails would work ok but what you are looking for is what hard scape contractors use to bond the pavers together. I can’t remember the name but any hard scape supply house will have it.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I meant to jump in to this thread earlier but I had to search my garage.

What you want is this stuff...

It's what they used to adhere the coping pavers around my pool to the concrete poured under it.

Not sure where to get it though. I think we get it at the local stone/paver/granite place.

https://www.ardexamericas.com/.../ardex-x-90-outdoor/

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12451 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Liquid nails would work ok but what you are looking for is what hard scape contractors use to bond the pavers together. I can’t remember the name but any hard scape supply house will have it.

It’s also available at Lowes…

https://www.lowes.com/pd/LOCTI...-28-Fl-Oz/1001060022

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Why glue, and not something like mortar?

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post