SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Still true?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Still true? Login/Join 
Picture of FlyingScot
posted

I have a 16 year old who is a a junior in college at FAU (jumped ahead) and a 10 year old wrapping up 5th grade. Saw this and was struck by how true it is today. Sad thing is, my great Aunt taught in a one room schoolhouse in Maine 1915- and I grew up with her. She was a great person and individual patriot - not this. But today, I think this is more true than ever before. Thoughts?

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Pesky things like state law and natural law would not let me kill my commie HS indoctrinators. I could only inconvenience them with quotes from the Constitution and fart jokes.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Huh?

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2270 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Its worse in the Universities than in the middle schools and high schools.

I was recently lectured by my 3rd year college student offspring on how I had benefitted from "white priveledge" my whole life.

Rather than knocking them out of the chair, I told them it was time they experienced what I had during my white privileged life. And I cut off ALL financial support.

Time for a dose of reality for at least one indoctrinated millenial. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
So the God Damned Commies called themselves Democrats, and they all lived happily ever after.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All three of our children survived our public education system, graduated from college, now hold down responsible jobs, and have finally become conservative. Smile

Posts: 1352 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
It's not so red any longer, more like pussy pink EXCEPT for the college level professors. They are a new shade of red.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post