SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Tragedy of Zima
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Tragedy of Zima Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I never tried one. I was locked in as a beer nerd/snob by then.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Zima Zucks is what I used to say

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5757 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I think I still have one in my fridge from their limited release a couple years ago.

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oooooffff, my college days.....I preferred its competitor, Taos. What did I know, it was the world of clear products, Mickey's and Keystone

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, Zima. Fun times in the dorm. Had a friend who would only drink Zima. It was a twist off so I poured out a bit of one bottle and replaced it with gin. The look on his face when he cracked it and got a swig of gin was priceless.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
OMG Welcome back high school memories.

15 and pounding a 6 pack of Zima with Boone's Farm and Everclear thinking I'm cool only to throw up all my Chinese Food in the bushes and sleep on my best friends bathroom floor.

I salute you Zima!

Same. Just not at the same time. Only tried it a few times, but when you were in highschool you needed to make sure you had some zima and jolly ranchers on hand for parties.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20829 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
tastes like zit!

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1367 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Used to come with a tampon in the 90s. Against my religion to drink it, or not make fun of anyone who did. Including girls. Big Grin

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6976 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
My memories of it were pretty good. It was a lot better than Miller Genuine Draft, that all my friends were drinking.

To be fair, that's a very low bar! Wink

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the early 90's college girls liked it more than beer but you couldn't buy it in IL. So the guys would make a run to IN to get it. It was mild and tasted like 7up with less sweetness.

Better than MD 20/20 because it didn't cause technicolor puke stains on the carpet.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
The LaCroix of beers.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I picked this promotional item up back in college and has managed to stay with me all these years. Wonder if its worth anything.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5757 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
IIRC it tastes like rotten lemonade….

Yeah nahh, only took one for me to figure it out. As a young sailor I spent plenty of money on trying to get girls inebriated, and Zima wasn’t it. Boone’s farm worked in High School, but Zima was a no go.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11290 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ In the end, wine is best for women. It's sophisticated and acceptable. White wine for the lighter tases, red for the more passionate ones. 2-3 glasses is enough.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Tasted like ionized TV static.
This is the most accurate flavor description of Zima I ever heard.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Wow, that brings back some weird 90's memories Eek

IIRC it tasted like crappy Fresca which tasted crappy to begin with.

Posts: 33827 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Telling someone that they drink Zima is one of my favorite cut-downs...

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2270 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Zima was at the forefront of the whole clear products craze in the 90's. I remember coming home from leave in Germany in 1994 and seeing Clear Pepsi and thinking "WTF?"

Apparently Clear = Superior during this craze. So stupid Roll Eyes

Even SNL mocked it!

Posts: 33827 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Don’t judge me but I used to drink Zimas during drama class in highschool. It was for the girls LOL

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Zomething
In
My
Ass

At least that's why I was told it meant. Big Grin

Posts: 5742 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post