SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas water heater thermostat setting question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas water heater thermostat setting question. Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted
I have Natural gas BradfordWhite with a thermostat that looks something like this-

Notice the A,B,C settings. My question is am I able to put the settings in between the settings like in the middle of A&B?, or must the knob line up on the mark?

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Are there detents at those positions? Does it “click” into those spots? If not I’d expect you’re good anywhere on the scale that yields the desired temperature at your faucets.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKy2o_tci9Q

Although SF often provides "the" answer, it is often a good idea to check youtube.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I missed it if that video answered his question.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Infinite setting, the labels are reference points.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You can put it in between. I have that same thermostat on my gas water heater, and have mine between B and C. (Roughly in the low 140s.)

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

In the summer I kept it at A. I moved it to B when winter came, but it felt like a big jump in heat. I'll stick it in between A/B tomorrow and see how it is.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post