SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Smokey Mountain National Park area cabin suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smokey Mountain National Park area cabin suggestions Login/Join 
Picture of SR025
posted
Was wondering if anyone has stayed in a cabin near Smokey Mountain NP? Any suggestions? Would only be two people.

Posts: 846 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Several times I've visited the area, I've stayed at Tellico Log Cabins. It's been a few years since I've been there, but based on previous experiences, I'd recommend it.

http://tellicologcabins.com/

God bless America.

Posts: 13908 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
When I was there we rented a condo off Airbnb in Gatlinburg. We were up on a mountain with good views. If I did it again I would likely stay down right next to the town.

We hiked every day and then would have a good meal in Gatlinburg in the evening. Interesting place for sure.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We used Elk Springs Resort for a cabin rental the two times we went to Gatlinburg, back in 2012 & 2013. They were one of a few places that were dog friendly. We were going to go back for a third year in a row but they placed a weight limit of 40 or 50 lbs for dogs so we ended up skipping, and haven’t been back since.

Towards the eastern end of Gatlinburg, right off of the main strip there, there is a bar called Three Jimmys. Do yourself a favor and have one of their burgers. Damn near the best burger I’ve ever had. Ended up going there every day for lunch on our second trip out there.

Posts: 725 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NC side? Or TN side? We are partial to the NC side and have rented from NC Mountains Realty the last several years.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
NC side? Or TN side? We are partial to the NC side and have rented from NC Mountains Realty the last several years.

TN side because would be visiting a friend in Nashville prior to heading out there.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far!

Posts: 846 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Was thinking of renting this cabin in Sevierville until I saw the sign on the back deck... Dealbreaker Big Grin

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We want to retire in that area. We found a very nice cabin on airB&B, whirlpool tub on the back deck was VERY nice!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
https://www.mountainaircabinre.../cabin/mountain-joy/

I’ve stayed in that one. Perfect for two people.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4018 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
Gatlinburg?! good luck.....

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post