SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boston’s Mayor Wu has created a new office in city government, Black Male Advancement office
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boston’s Mayor Wu has created a new office in city government, Black Male Advancement office Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
You can’t make this up, an office head and 21 person commission, we’ve gone from affirmative action to now outright preferential treatment and opportunities, no sense hiding it. Where’s the Asian, Hispanic, Caucasian or Pacific Islander office?

https://whdh.com/news/an-impor...ck-male-advancement/

This City is so screwed, San Francisco, Seattle and LA have nothing on Boston.

https://www.boston.gov/news/ma...ack-male-advancement

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess all the oppressed and incapable black men in Boston now have a chance to advance. I am sure they feel great about this.
Roll Eyes

Every election cycle in NH is a battle to keep this nonsense, and those that peddle it, on the other side of the border.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Graniteguy,

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
And the sign said "White Freaky Honky People Need Not Apply"
So I painted on my shoe polish black face and I went in to ask him why
He said "You look like a fine upstanding black man, I think you'll do"
So I wiped off my face and said "Imagine that. HUH! Me working for you"

Oh oh oh...sign sign everywhere a sign...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I have never understood how anyone can get a job through affirmative action and have any self price at all. How can they look at themselves in a mirror and say "I'm so stupid that the only way I can get a job is if I play the race/ethnicity/gender card?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Well....it works if you are sold a lie of this nation being an evil systematically racist nation and that you were entitled it due to fairness. With enough of a chip on your shoulder you can come to appreciate racist programs like affirmative action.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21117 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
There was already a Black Female Advancement Office?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8976 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How progressive....

Posts: 14658 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear Brian Flores is looking for work.

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Maybe they can turn Boston into a REAL city, maybe like Baltimore.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Makes sense, it compliments the WHITE Male Advancement office.
Oh that doesn't exist?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8365 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Will be interesting to see how much money is earmarked for this and what they accomplish after a year.

Posts: 5305 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I hear Brian Flores is looking for work.

Yes, maybe they want to bring someone on board and pay him extra to make sure the program fails. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Don't have kids out of wedlock
2. Get married
3. Raise your kids and be a father
4. Go to church
5. Don't do drugs

There you go a 5 step plan GUARANTEED to advance any male, regardless of race.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
1. Don't have kids out of wedlock
2. Get married
3. Raise your kids and be a father
4. Go to church
5. Don't do drugs

There you go a 5 step plan GUARANTEED to advance any male, regardless of race.

You might want to throw in get an education, work hard, and don't commit crime. But that would make it an 8 step plan. Is that too many steps?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mayor Wu??

Posts: 107636 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Makes sense, it compliments the WHITE Male Advancement office.
Oh that doesn't exist?

Hey, you realise that if you had the audacity to try and set up a WHITE advancement office, you'd be accused of being racist.

Posts: 11332 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
And the sign said "White Freaky Honky People Need Not Apply"
So I painted on my shoe polish black face and I went in to ask him why
He said "You look like a fine upstanding black man, I think you'll do"
So I wiped off my face and said "Imagine that. HUH! Me working for you"

Oh oh oh...sign sign everywhere a sign...
Big Grin nice work.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crazy times we are living in.
[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
This is the Director nothing about his accomplishments or lack thereof.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2...ck-male-advancement/

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:

This is the Director nothing about his accomplishments or lack thereof.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2...ck-male-advancement/
His accomplishments are stated in the first sentence of the linked article: "former campaign staffer."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30697 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post