SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone own a Ford Transit 150/250?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone own a Ford Transit 150/250? Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted
I'm looking at adding a work truck for carrying tools and equipment. Initially I was looking at the transit connect but I'm worried its not big enough. The 150/250 isn't a ton more money used versus the Transit Connect.

Any Transit owners? Which engine? How many miles are you getting out of them? What should I look out for?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9750 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I rented one while my Chevy Express was in the shop.

It had the 3.5 v6 and 10 speed transmission. It wasn't as peppy as the Chevy, and the transmission was short ratio so it shifted more often, but it was a comfortable ride.

I don't remember the exact mileage on it, but do recall being surprised how much less I was filling it vs my Chevy (14.7mpg in my van).

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I changed over to the Nissan vans, my guys seem to like them better. They have been good, dependable, and economical. The Ford vans have probably caught up in the last couple years, tell us how your choice ends up.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
I have a ‘15 250. It’s been ok. Odd that it requires rear brakes twice as frequently than fronts; never recall vehicle that would do that unless proportioning valve or some other malfunction. Fuel mileage not as good as sprinter, but its also much less cost. Ride is ok. Wish the gear shift placed elsewhere, its in the way from wheel to climate or radio controls.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
How did you guys like the ecoboost versus the 3.7?

NRA Life Member

Posts: 9750 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I had a 2015 Transit 150XLT passenger van for a couple years and liked it fine. Mine had 3.7L and got 17mpg average. Decent power and pulled an 18' aluminum boat with ease. I traded it to a 2015 awd Sienna because my wife didn't like driving it, too big. The Transit held its value and the dealer wanted it. I gave a little boot but the Sienna was a loaded Limited Premium model and has been perfect so far.

I like a van for boating and bought a 2014 Chevy Express LT 3/4 ton window van. 4.8L v8. Tows a heavy boat better but mileage isn't as good. 13 avg.

Posts: 4829 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I serviced some 2017 and '18 150s, non-turbo 3.7 V6, for a client who had three or four of them. (The past tense is for another topic.) They were used to haul medical equipment and passengers in stop-and-go and some mountain road driving. Brakes, especially the rear (disc with park brake built into the caliper), were very troublesome. Removing the transmission pan, I noticed, requires completely dismantling the front suspension and cross member, but we never actually had to. Otherwise they drove well.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Mine is 3.7 and it's been flawless. Can't compare to Ecoboost, don't have one, never driven one.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Bump for any additional input.

NRA Life Member

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ford Transit 150/250

Cars dot com comparo - Ford 150/250, Ram, Chebby

https://www.cars.com/research/...V031A0,USC80CHV351B0

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post