SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Now This is a Model Rocket
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now This is a Model Rocket Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
a 1/10th scale Saturn V making it just over 36' tall

http://www.bing.com/videos/sea...&fsscr=0&FORM=VDFSRV

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
amazing

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
1,600 lbs. and 10,000 lbs. of thrust. That is way beyond cool.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
That had to be an expensive 30 seconds. Still cool.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Estes? Smile

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Be lucky it didn't come down in that power line visible in the last seconds of the video.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
So we have back yard hobbyists that can out do Kim Jung idiots missile program.

Cool...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
So we have back yard hobbyists that can out do Kim Jung idiots missile program.

Cool...

Out does Hezbollah/PLO by far.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Wow. That was more like a surface to air MISSILE than a model rocket. Do you think they had to clear this with the FAA beforehand?

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Damn....North Korea just stole the plans for it. Eek

North Korea has apparently given up on the Top Gear Reliant Robin Rocket design:

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
as a modeler myself, we get launch waivers every weekend to 6500 AGL and at Black Rock, NV its unlimited up to and including outer space

I have no idea what Steve paid for this, but yeah it was pretty expensive - guessing probably $100k for the whole flight

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
as a modeler myself, we get launch waivers every weekend to 6500 AGL and at Black Rock, NV its unlimited up to and including outer space

I have no idea what Steve paid for this, but yeah it was pretty expensive - guessing probably $100k for the whole flight

How much are these then?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cool Cool

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness the real thing didn't accelerate that quickly.

E'rebody'd be kilt!

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if I remember correctly, the one that went to orbit was almost a million dollar shot

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Whoever that guy is that was closest is none to bright. If that thing exploded on take off he'd be a crispy critter.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Solid fuel, or liquid?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Solid fuel, or liquid?

Solid

320 lbs of solid propellent motors

Agree it would leave one with a bit of spine compression if riding along...

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not so 'splody, then?

posted Hide Post
..Well as long as theirs no o ring failure...but doubt its as complex as Morton/Thiokolvariety..you could have it burn uneven and blow pressure through unplanned route causing whole thing to rotate tearing itself apart,,

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post