SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rockler tools made in...?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rockler tools made in...? Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
I want one of these

https://www.rockler.com/rockle...-offset-marking-tool

Can’t tell where it’s made and I really don’t want to buy Chinesium. Anyone know if there’s an option made in not China? My googlefu is failing miserably.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If one searches for the same tool on ebay or aliexpress, a very similar from China is found.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.htm...arking+Tool&_sacat=0

Posts: 2370 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
90% certain it's made in China/Taiwan/etc. Rockler doesn't make their own stuff to my knowledge.

I thought for sure Woodpeckers had something like that but I can't find it. There was something in their Onetime Tools catalog but it's discontinued.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3355 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Can’t tell where it’s made and I really don’t want to buy Chinesium.

Something like that is nearly certainly made somewhere in Asia. Odds are China.

quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
If one searches for the same tool on ebay or aliexpress, a very similar from China is found.

Not particularly meaningful. Chinese counterfeiters will counterfeit nearly anything and everything, no matter how insignificant.

I've been amazed at some of the stuff I've seen counterfeited. One would think some of it wouldn't be worth their time.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post