SIGforum
Crow question (awkward)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8370029184

May 10, 2021, 10:39 PM
Ripley
Crow question (awkward)
Kinda unpleasant topic, probably a simple answer I hope.

The wife went down the driveway to get the mail and she runs across a headless crow, no apparent blood. She grew up on a farm and except for chickens had never seen a headless bird, I've never seen one. Crows are known to be smart survivors, hard to believe it wasn't watching it's six. We've got owls, other raptors, probably it? Hopefully not some satanic sign from the odd lady living down the hill.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
May 10, 2021, 10:42 PM
Orguss
Perhaps this may shed light on your situation:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...710091974#4710091974

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
May 10, 2021, 11:23 PM
Ripley
^^^^^

Thanks, I would never have thought to search for old headless bird threads. Eek

Feeling a little less suspicious about the odd lady down the hill.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
May 10, 2021, 11:47 PM
Jelly
Birds of prey like Hawks, Eagles, and Owls can and do decapitate other birds.
May 11, 2021, 12:56 AM
P220 Smudge

May 11, 2021, 05:48 AM
lastmanstanding
Maybe you could sell it?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton
May 11, 2021, 06:30 PM
Texas Bob C.
Your crow is broken. Right now there are four crows not twenty feet away on my patio. They all have heads.
May 12, 2021, 05:13 AM
sourdough44
Lots of carnage going on right now. We have the hawk family up front, Coopers or Sharp Shinned best I can tell. The crows are raiding any nest they can.

I saw the mom or dad red Fox a few times recently. The turkey hens are trying to hatch their eggs.

I read an article once talking about how we’d be overrun with robins if all the eggs hatched to adulthood. I’m a bit protective of any bluebirds I have. It would be nice if most predators went after the cowbirds, starlings, possums & skunks, crows too.