SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally, after 9 years fighting with the VA I finally got 50% VA disability.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally, after 9 years fighting with the VA I finally got 50% VA disability. Login/Join 
posted
This was just plain ridiculous, it finally took a judge to say Look you messed him up now pay him. The fight was over my right knee. I injured it at Fort Dix while going through the Phoenix Readiness course. Fully documented in my medical records. I eventually had to have surgery to fix it, where they removed several bone fragments. Now many years later the knee is impaired and arthritic. So now I can actually draw my entire pension instead of only a portion. Thank God for small miracles. I guess if I was a illegal alien I would have gotten my rating without even going through the process, or probably without even being in the military.

Posts: 170 | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Be glad it wasn't an SSDI claim.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Congratulations- you fought a long battle.

I had have the same experience. Knee injury and here's how it worked when dealing with VA doc-
Me: "Doctor, I have severe pain in my knees and my right really grinds and pops and feels unstable".

VA Doc: Can you move it?

Me: Yes, but- (Cuts me off)

VA Doc: You're fine.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the long fight but, a good outcome.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you getting backpay or just starting now ?
I had an appeal with the VA that the DAV helped me with and got X$ for 12 years.
Nice chunk of change.

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
Congratulations- you fought a long battle.

I had have the same experience. Knee injury and here's how it worked when dealing with VA doc-
Me: "Doctor, I have severe pain in my knees and my right really grinds and pops and feels unstable".

VA Doc: Can you move it?

Me: Yes, but- (Cuts me off)

VA Doc: You're fine.

You: But doc, it hurts when I move it.

Doc: Then stop moving it.

Q

Posts: 26427 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post