SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seiko Marine Master Watch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seiko Marine Master Watch Login/Join 
posted
Looking to buy the quartz version of this watch any one own one ?

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I've never seen one driven by a battery, but that doesn't say that there aren't any.

Do you have particular reason for wanting a quartz-driven version of one of THE most iconic 'spring-wound' watches sold under the Seiko brand-name?

To me that's a bit like asking about a quartz-driven Hublot or IWC watch.

Posts: 11303 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might consider the automatic version rather than quartz. As time goes on and many events happen with your life, automatic will attache to you. The automatic has soul, but not quartz. I have both of the automatic versions, Marine Master 300 and the Prospect Tuna. I like them both. They keep accurate time, look sharp.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: April 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with a quartz Seiko. Lots of vintage Tunas with quartz still trade passionately on the bay. I prefer mechs myself, but I get the attraction to quartz, and the price is good too. It's a fine movement in a fine watch.

Posts: 11341 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dangho731:
You might consider the automatic version rather than quartz. As time goes on and many events happen with your life, automatic will attache to you. The automatic has soul, but not quartz. I have both of the automatic versions, Marine Master 300 and the Prospect Tuna. I like them both. They keep accurate time, look sharp.
Dangho have you had your marine master serviced yet how much was it thanks

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Nothing wrong with a quartz Seiko. Lots of vintage Tunas with quartz still trade passionately on the bay. I prefer mechs myself, but I get the attraction to quartz, and the price is good too. It's a fine movement in a fine watch.

If it's accuracy you are after, the HAQ (high accuracy quartz) watches are beginning to appear in more brands and models. I have a Seiko Dolce HAQ that I've had for 2.5 years. It is still within 1 second of UTC. HAQs are generally specified as being +/- 10 seconds/year.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10777 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both of my Seiko automatics don't need service until 5 years from now. I figure it would cost several hundred USD by International Watch Works. By that time, if I happen to travel outside of the U.S. I could get it done cheaper oversea.

I also have quartz but not by Seiko, Casio Frogman JDM version , tough as nail.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: April 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It is a good watch. Don't let anyone talk you out of quartz if you like it? I have several quartz watches. The lower maintenance requirements and better accuracy are appealing. (I also have mechanicals, which have their own appeal.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I own the SBDX023 and I have to say it is everything I hoped it would be. As large as it is, the shape of the case makes it wear smaller than the dimensions state.

The spring drive version is much bigger.

As to the bracelet it comes with... I discarded it in favor of a Strapcode Angus jubilee. Easily available and only $100 shipped. Screw connected solid links and solid end links, I do not know how they make them and sell them for a profit - the quality is so high!

My other watches include Rolex Sub Date and a Yacht-Master in addition to a Sinn Arktis II and several Seikos.

I compare this Marinemaster to my Rolex Sub Date on an equal footing, every bit the quality and durability of movement and case.Additionally, the lume... OMG! It lights up like a wall clock.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking watch thank you for posting it im still leaning towards the quartz one

posted Hide Post
Snapping Twig how does the bracelet feel the one one the marinemaster seams very flimsy thanks

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I bought a Strapcode super oyster and an Angus Jubilee.

The original bracelet is nothing IMO. The clasp is cheap and the links are held together with pins and collars.

I bought it for the watch.

Currently wearing it on the Strapcode Angus Jubilee and it's super comfortable.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I used to have little interest in the Quartz Marine Master, I’m more of an automatic fan when it comes to divers and watches in general. BUT I am becoming more interested in adding a JDM quartz MM with Kanji to my seiko collection. This hybrid of sorts is slowly changing my opinion on quartz. It has a rotor like an auto that spins and recharges a battery which powers the quartz movement. It also has GMT and a power level indicator function along with 200m water resistance.

(The black one)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post