SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How would one play “Guess Who” if they were into this new labeling system?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How would one play “Guess Who” if they were into this new labeling system? Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Playing in the camper with my wife last night and I was imagining…

“Is your person a female?”
“I’m not sure how they identify.”

“Is your person white?”
“I don’t see color”

“Okay for fucks sake, does your person look like a basic bitch?”
“Yes, 100%”

“Your person is Amy”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huh??

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Hahaha!! Big Grin

“Is your person a baby daddy?”

Posts: 45376 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Huh??

I don’t know how to make it more simple.

Sorry.

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Hahaha!! Big Grin

“Is your person a baby daddy?”

Exactly.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Huh??
I don't get it, either.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
C'mon, it's clear as mud...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8901 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
How would one play “Guess Who” is they were into this new labeling system?

I think I just found out who's sending those spam e-mails.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here's the context:

"Guess Who" is a board game. (It's only been widely popular for around 40 years now since the late 1970s/early 1980s, so I could see how some of the old farts wouldn't know about this newfangled game. Wink )

Each of the two players gets randomly assigned one specific person out of the 20+ possible people on the board. They then each take turns asking one Yes/No question about the appearance of the other player's person, like "Do they have red hair" or "Are they a man" or "Are they wearing a hat". Based on the response, you've ruled one or more of the possible people out, and you flip their photo down on your board so you're only looking at the ones that are still possible, which helps you formulate your next question to ask. The goal is to strategically ask questions in order to be the first to narrow it down to just one possible person and correctly guess who your opponent's character is.

Works kinda like "20 Questions", just specifically based on people's appearance, and with two players taking turns.

The joke here is that when even basic questions like "Is your person a woman" can be made overly complicated in today's society, it renders this simple children's game needlessly complicated.

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
To make it a little clearer, if you can't ask simple questions like "Male or Female" because it offends some snowflake, it makes it pretty hard to play the game.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15236 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We play with our kids, and I let them decide who is a boy, and who is a girl as the new game has somewhat androgenous characters.

We also ask light skin or dark skin when narrowing it down.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]It's only been wildly popular for around 45 years now since the late 1970s.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah sure. Maybe in Arkansas. Monopoly, Clue and Sorry.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Here's the context:

"Guess Who" is a board game. (It's only been wildly popular for around 45 years...)
Maybe so, but I've never heard of it before. Then again: I never have been much into board games.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Monopoly, Clue and Sorry.

All games introduced in the 1930s and 1940s, so using that we can reasonably guess that you fall into the aforementioned "old farts" category. Big Grin

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well my children never heard of Guess Who either. I think the wildly popular aspect is over stated.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Okay, since you're feeling pedantic tonight, perhaps you'd find the qualifier of "Widely popular amongst those who were either children in the 1980s-2000s or had children during the 1980s-2000s" would be more appropriate.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Huh??

quote:
Well my children never heard of Guess Who either. I think the wildly popular aspect is over stated.

Is there a need to threadshit on Christmas Eve? Obviously this thread isn't for you. Why make it a sticking point?

On topic, I can see games like this dying sooner rather than later. Here's a fun search query:
https://search.brave.com/searc...usive&source=desktop

Posts: 17143 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You misinterpreted my response. I was joking with Rogue? Why the indignant comments.

posted Hide Post
I guess by this thread's premise I'm technically an old fart since I've never heard of it either. Then again back in the 70s and 80s if a board game wasn't made by Avalon Hill, FASA or TSR, and use polyhedral dice (yeah, I wuz THAT guy) I didn't pay it much heed anyways.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, since you're feeling pedantic tonight, perhaps you'd find the qualifier of "Widely popular amongst those who were either children in the 1980s-2000s or had children during the 1980s-2000s" would be more appropriate.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Haha good one. I give up. Have a good Christmas.