SIGforum
What kind of evil sorcery is this?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8350088934

March 31, 2018, 10:36 AM
Skins2881
What kind of evil sorcery is this?
Not sure if this works on computers or not. If you have a modern higher end phone this is freaking awesome. NatGeo has a number of these. All nature films should be shot with whatever kind of camera(s) they are using.

Watch in YouTube app for full effect, embedded you can drag to look around, in app you can move phone to look around. It's like a video game almost.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/up70_SKwB3I

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
March 31, 2018, 10:51 AM
gearhounds
Very cool, and it does work on computers.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
March 31, 2018, 11:00 AM
kkina
Made me wonder, too....

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
March 31, 2018, 11:01 AM
Aeteocles
It's called a 360 panoramic camera. The rigs used to be quite complex and expensive, but they've got it down to a single device now with lenses on both sides.

Ricoh made the first popular camera, called the Theta. A bunch of Chinese companies have released top tier cameras, and GoPro is again late to the game with their new GoPro Fusion camera.

The rig above me is just a bunch of old Go Pro cameras held together, and that was the norm for quite a while--Go Pros had wide angle lenses that allowed the images to be overlapped. GoPro missed the opportunity to be the first to market with a single device with multiple lenses, but it was more lucrative for them to sell 6-12 high end GoPros than to sell a single $700 device.
March 31, 2018, 02:22 PM
sjtill
It's very cool...but I think a more explanatory title would get more viewers.

March 31, 2018, 03:11 PM
redstone
If you really want the effect drop your phone into a VR headset. It feels like you are there.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson