SIGforum
For you guys that still have hair, How much you paying for a basic haircut?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8350085125

July 29, 2026, 07:17 PM
Z06
For you guys that still have hair, How much you paying for a basic haircut?
$0 for 45+ years. My wife (of 45+ years) is a professional hair stylist.


________________________________________________________
The trouble with trouble is; it always starts out as fun.
July 29, 2026, 07:24 PM
reflex/deflex 64
$25 plus $5


----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------
July 30, 2026, 10:56 AM
MaSigchist
$20 + $5 - Worth it for all the town gossip.


-Scott

-NRA Pistol Instructor
-NRA Shotgun Instructor
-NRA Range Safety Officer
-NRA Metallic cartridge & Shotgun Reloading Instructor
-MA Certified Firearms Instructor
July 30, 2026, 11:20 AM
rscalzo
Weren't these on the late-night infomercials in the 70's for twenty bucks???


The Flowbee....only $559.00

The Flowbee


Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
July 30, 2026, 11:29 AM
Tooky13
Have had the same barber for 25 years, he shampoos my hair before cutting and trims my mustache and goatee... I'm actually not sure what he would charge, I just always give him $50. My wife gets her hair cut the same frequency as me and she pays $165, so I'm good with what I pay.


We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln
July 30, 2026, 02:01 PM
xantom
A good friend of mine since we were in high school is a beautician. She only charges me $20, and usually comes to my house to cut it. I give her $40.




"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."
July 30, 2026, 02:11 PM
Gustofer
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Weren't these on the late-night infomercials in the 70's for twenty bucks???


The Flowbee....only $559.00

The Flowbee
I bought mine for $49.99. Ain't inflation great?

(BTW, you can get one on Amazon for half that)


________________________________________________________
It is long past time for a Convention of States. The Founding Fathers gave us this tool to fix an out of control government and we need to use it.
July 30, 2026, 02:13 PM
rat2306
$20 at one place; $24 at another. Usually tip $4 or $5 on top of that. Last haircut held up for two months.
July 30, 2026, 02:38 PM
Unishot
I’ve been going to the same girl for over15 years. Haircut is 18 bucks, which includes neck and shoulder massage, I tip her $15-$20.


Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!
July 30, 2026, 02:52 PM
Orive 8
Just before Covid, I was paying around $16 for a haircut (plus another $4 for the tip). During Covid, my wife started cutting my hair and is doing a good job, so she gets to keep doing it Wink.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
July 30, 2026, 03:33 PM
Minnow
$23 + $7 tip. She has been cutting my hair for so long, she doesn't ask how I want it. She knows when to give me the summer cut I like and when to leave a little more on top for the winter.




"Prepared in mind and resources"
July 30, 2026, 03:39 PM
Tuckerrnr1
This morning $28 been going there for more than a decade. Usually meet the owner at the back door as he is opening and out of there in 15 minutes.


_____________________________________________
I may be a bad person, but at least I use my turn signal.
July 30, 2026, 06:12 PM
ElToro
$30 and it’s rung up through the shop register so lord knows the split and how much the station rent is. I tip $20 in cash. My barber is not the owner of the shop. I got every 3 months or so. 1.5 on sides and short on top just long enough to push over and hold down with some product
July 30, 2026, 06:20 PM
P-220
$23.00 + a $7.00 tip, every 4-5 weeks or so.


Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
July 30, 2026, 10:42 PM
Sigfan Roy
20 bucks today. Plus $5 tip.


----------------------------------------------------------------------Roy is not my real name.
July 31, 2026, 12:20 AM
KMitch200
Mine is $35 plus a $10 tip every 4 weeks.
Been using the same gal for 25(?) years.


--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
July 31, 2026, 01:45 AM
SigFan
I’ve been going to the same barber for about 23 years now. While I was still on active duty and her shop was on base, I’d go every 3-4 weeks. Now she’s off base in another shop but I only go about once every 6-9 weeks now. She charges $26 and I give her $35. I don’t have to tell her how I like it cut; she’s known all these years.


Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)
July 31, 2026, 06:40 AM
stkfox
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
My wife gets her hair cut the same frequency as me and she pays $165, so I'm good with what I pay.



I couldn’t believe what my wife told me about her haircuts! Runs anywhere from $200-$400 for cutting and coloring!! WTF !1 Eek She goes without for quite a few months. I’m told that’s average price for Tampa area and her daughter in law, a stylist in Alabama confirms it ain’t just Tampa. Women will search for years to find just the right stylist for just the right price.

Glad I don’t have that headache. I’m glad to pay my $24 with $6 tip every 6 weeks or so.
July 31, 2026, 07:54 AM
UTsig
Same girl for 20 years, $24.00 plus $6.00 tip. Sher's great, I get an 8:30 AM appt and am out in 20 minutes.



"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.
July 31, 2026, 06:18 PM
specter77
Barbershop not far from my house. $20.00 and they shave around the ears upon request.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret