SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    School me on garage floor paint.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School me on garage floor paint. Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear, and add nothing helpful to the thread, I think I hate you.
Wink

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12670 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a professional painter, let me make a couple of suggestions and thoughts. First, do you want a color? If you do, understand that where your tires go each time will wear the color there in a noticeable way, while the rest of the floor still looks great. For my own floors I have stayed away from colors, going instead with a clear Ben Moore clear concrete stain. It contains silicone, wears like iron, and you don't have any discrepancy of color. It is especially easy to use a clear stain on a new floor since you aren't hiding anything.

Posts: 71 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Ok, floor done. May scuff and put urethane down later, let's see how the epoxy wears. Orange and blue, yeah gator colors but like how it came out.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice Datsun. I miss my 280zx. Oh, the floor looks great, also

Posts: 185 | Location: Deep Creek Lake, MD, Stuart, FL.  | Registered: December 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do quite a few of these coatings on large shale application (50,000-250,000 square feet). Prep is most important. Acid washing works, however shot blasting works better. You can rent a shot blaster from a tool rental company. Then take a vacuum and hit every inch twice and get every inch of dust up. Application is easy as pie just follow the directions included. And be extremely careful on spikes. Epoxy is slippery and even more so on spikes.
If you have any questions my email is in my profile.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post