SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Beard Oil; Do you use it and what do you recommend
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beard Oil; Do you use it and what do you recommend Login/Join 
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
I believe it's bald1 that uses 50/50 jojoba oil and argan oil and that's what I use also.

Sorry about the late reply.
We had a thread about this two years ago:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/7550069084
...and another last year:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...601935/m/6220003494?

I stand by what I said then:
"Having tried many I've reverted to a simple 50:50 mix of argan and jojoba oils. Very effective and relatively inexpensive compared to brand name stuff which use the same two oils.

No need, for me at least, for any added scents which is really what you're paying for with all the retail offerings. I leave scents to colognes. Big Grin

If you must, you can add any of the multitude of scent essential oils available out there to the DIY argan-jojoba mixture."

Thanks for the links! I honestly didn't even try to search as I figured that most people would think the topic a bit wonky. Kudos!!

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1593 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Johnny Slicks and Detroit Grooming are both great.

Johnny Slicks also makes a phenomenal shave soap.

Posts: 281 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: January 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I use Grave Before Shave Bay Rum scent, or Viking Beard Sandalwood scent.

Posts: 1767 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aveda Brilliant was recommended to me by a hair stylist friend. It does a nice job of softening up coarse beard hair and bonus smells pretty good.

Posts: 345 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: April 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
5W-30 motor oil in good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, during engine oil changes. It's free, but extra work to wash out.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8917 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
I decided to buy the four pack from Badass Beard Care and really like the Viking and the Surfer.

Thanks for the heads up and the advice gents.

Cheers!

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1593 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Good stuff!

Posts: 11414 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
I believe it's bald1 that uses 50/50 jojoba oil and argan oil and that's what I use also.

That's what was suggested to me as well when I asked here a while back. It works, and the scent is minimal (most important to me as I have to be careful to not accidentally set off a migraine).

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3374 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
Honest Amish Beard Balm. I prefer the wax to oil.

Same. Works great without fuss or muss.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 866 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post