SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kristi Noem to GOP: 'We need to get over ourselves'....insisted the GOP must be "willing to work across the aisle and make progress."
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kristi Noem to GOP: 'We need to get over ourselves'....insisted the GOP must be "willing to work across the aisle and make progress." Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Another wishy washy RINO coming out of the closet? SD members, please lighten us up.

https://justthenews.com/govern...onald-reagan-library

By Madeleine Hubbard
April 6, 2022 - 10:31pm

Gov. Kristi Noem (R-S.D.) on Wednesday slammed President Joe Biden and his policies while touting the success of her state and saying Republicans needed to "get over" themselves.

She opened her address at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute by talking about Reagan's impact on her life.

She then turned to speak about Ukraine, calling the situation "tragic," and applauding Zelensky's "willingness to speak truth."

Later in her speech, Noem turned to immigration.

"A country without borders is no country at all," Noem said.

"That's why I've deployed our South Dakota national guard to help ensure that our southern border is secure," she added.

Criticizing President Joe Biden, she said he "won due to media" and blamed his chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan for emboldening Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Biden's policies, specifically on energy "empower America's adversaries by making us weaker," she said.

The Biden administration has focused heavily on moving away from fossil fuels and toward renewable energy, which increased the price of gas.

Speaking about the COVID-19 pandemic, Noem said, "You got to know me because Liberals started kicking me in the head every night for the decisions that I was making during the pandemic."

She highlighted how "South Dakota is the only state in the nation that never closed a single business."

Noem also criticized Chief White House Medical Advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci.

"Dr. Fauci outright lied repeatedly," she accused. "He used his title and his position as a political weapon against the American people."

Rallying the crowd, Noem said "Republicans must roll back Joe Biden's assault on our Bill of Rights."

Looking toward the future, Noem said, "My advice to the Republican Party is to get over yourself."

She insisted the GOP must be "willing to work across the aisle and make progress."

"We need to get over ourselves and start by listening," she said, telling people to "build a relationship."

This will convince people to support the Republican Party, she concluded.

Q

Posts: 26428 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Nope, the GOP needs to grow a pair and start representing their constituents for a change. That means blocking the Dem filth at every turn and fighting them like the country's future depended on it...because it does.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I don’t think she’s a rino but after all it IS their job to keep us fooled and in the dark. I hope that she was just using political hyperbole in the hopes that she might get quoted on the MSM.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Nope, the GOP needs to grow a pair and start representing their constituents for a change. That means blocking the Dem filth at every turn and fighting them like the country's future depended on it...because it does.

Totally agree ^

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
Democrats never say this.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Nope. From what I've seen she is a pretty solid conservative but she has this all wrong. The days of working with democrats are long gone. They must be defeated at all costs.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5047 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Nope. From what I've seen she is a pretty solid conservative ...

Really? She waffled terribly when it came to the transgender bill and wouldn't sign it to ban men in women's sports at the collegiate level. She failed that test. She eventually reversed that mistake because of the backlash she received from conservatives. I'm happy that she has corrected course, and since then she has been making the right moves by following DeSantis' lead, but I don't trust her. Not yet anyway. She lost that. And saying what she said here just shows that her judgment is still off.

She screwed up big time with that transgender bill, but at least she recognized that, unlike the squishy asshole that is Utah's governor. My governor.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30415 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like her as a Governor and if I had a choice to move to her state, I would in a heartbeat.
This unity and healing that Biden spoke of will never happen. For the Republican party to try is just a waste of time. The Democrats want nothing like that.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
More governors/representatives/senators need to begin doing what Florida’s Governor is doing…Fight Back!

Fuck reaching across the aisle. Push back, if there’s not enough red representatives to get what we want, then do what you can to stymie the blues at every chance.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11294 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Wrong. R's give an inch, D's take a mile. The days of Republicans snatching defeat from the jaws of victory need to end. Desantis is where it's at because he isn't interested in that tired old game.

Posts: 11362 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by asonie:

This!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38695 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont want to hear that BS from her. I was hoping she was a fighter.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16103 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by asonie: Democrats never say this.

Exactly the point. The only ones "playing fair" are RINOs who bend their knee to compromise and "get along." It's time to stop listening to the underhanded propaganda to "Be Nice!"

It's bad enough to see drivers in traffic play that social game while actually creating more dangerous conditions because they simply will not move their car according their right of way. It's less efficient. Please don't wave me thru an intersection to prove you are nice when you are actually blocking traffic with your deliberately illegal action.

Vote these people out, they are enabling criminals in office to achieve their goals.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Reaching across the aisle only goes towards the left. Forever and always.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
It sounds like the yearbook answer. Like a beauty contestant explaining to us how she would fix things in the world.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by asonie:

Exactly. It's a one-way street. A ratchet, if you will... it only goes in one direction because it's only one side that seeks compromise.

This article is relevant to this, but I didn't want to start a new thread:

Middle-class citizens are coming to grips with their Constitution’s death
By Frank Liberato

Who among us would leave the comfort of their homes to go and protest a government that’s gone completely off the rails? Probably not that many. Not after all the intimidation and threats leveled against conservatives and Trump supporters. That seems to have been the plan all along. We’ve learned what becomes of patriots who didn’t for one moment believe that they would be risking everything to attend a protest in support of a sitting president. By simply exercising their God-given rights, a great many of them have ended up as political prisoners.

Political movements aren’t usually carried out by members of a comfortable and still fairly complacent population. Liberty gave rise to the overwhelmingly dominant middle class that has been the hallmark of modern America. Even as the American dream starts to dissolve, we’ll still cling tightly to what remains and pretend not to be witnessing the demise of history’s most beautiful child.

We’re told that the precious gift was actually a demon seed and that we must purge all remembrance from our treacherous minds. As our past is erased, we’re taught to hate the present and the future. Only in feudal serfdom and communism can happiness be found so we must turn back the clock. Freedom and modernity are the devils that must be cast into the pit. They have wrecked the planet and led us off the path of conformity and obsequiousness.

It is, however, the idealists and true believers who are responsible for much of the despair and misery in the world. Their utopian schemes are an all-out war against human nature. Authoritarianism is the product of their ill-conceived notions of a perfect society. “Perfect” societies can only be sustained by cruelty and brute force.

People desire the freedom to live their lives in peace. We charter governments to resolve disputes, punish those who step across moral and legal barriers, and protect the nation from foreign threats. The United States has, from its founding, held the belief that governments are a “necessary evil.” They are destructive by nature and should be severely limited in size and scope lest their growth escapes the bounds of service and becomes, as is their wont, dictatorial and oppressive.

That is what our Founding Fathers knew to be the reality of governance. They pressed up against the limits of their understanding to try and erase that fear from the struggles of a fledgling republic. If there must be a “necessary evil,” then their posterity should have the tools to control it—to limit its size and growth. It is our great failing that we have lost the will to employ the tools that were bequeathed to us.

The true believers are now running the show in America. A license to kill belongs to their bloated and immoral government. Not just to kill the physical body but the soul-crushing torture of the spirit that is imprisonment and loss.

To force their perfect society on America, the utopians must first do away with the Constitution. This is no small undertaking. But when the government can wantonly incarcerate, ruin, or gun down its citizens with impunity, then there is little left of the free state. Ashli Babbitt was executed by a Capitol police officer who was then sheltered from the public by government officials and the media. An internal investigation found that the shooting was justified and that the officer would not face any charges.

That decision created two polar realities. One, that the Capitol police used to exonerate the officer and another that was clearly illustrated by the video recording of the event.

This duplicity mirrors what is now happening throughout our society. If you’re not parroting government-sanctioned speech, no matter how false, absurd, or outrageous, you risk being “canceled” by the technocracy or persecuted by the state and their media allies. Parents who stand up at school board meetings and question the teaching of critical race theory or transgenderism are now labeled as terrorists by the department of justice while all the crime and corruption sweeping across the country is tolerated, excused, and often encouraged.

This is a far cry from our constitutional government. It is also an unsustainable state of affairs for even a comfortable middle-class population. The rising tide of anger and frustration can’t be sidelined forever and it won’t be derailed by perpetual wars, endless “pandemics,” or climate change scams.

https://www.americanthinker.co...titutions_death.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24144 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. Desantis knows how to wield power effectively and the rest of the Rs like Gov Noem need to follow this example.

Screw working w Dems...Hitlery said that they will be civil when they have power again, and now that they do, they've doubled down on trying to crush Trump and their enemies, the American people. So work around them and/or crush them is the only way to get things done.

quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Wrong. R's give an inch, D's take a mile. The days of Republicans snatching defeat from the jaws of victory need to end. Desantis is where it's at because he isn't interested in that tired old game.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
She was doing good until the end.

We are at political and cultural war with the far left radicals.

There is no negotiating. There is only winning.

Posts: 19589 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Right wing....left wing....same fucking bird.

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Maybe she meant GOP needs to get over the Gentleman's Code of Honor, reach across the aisle and grab them by the throat.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15903 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post