SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    East Coast Storm
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

East Coast Storm Login/Join 
posted
Woke up to flooding in my garage this morning. I haven't seen that in at least 15 years. Must have got a crap-ton of rain overnight. Hope everyone is making out OK!

Posts: 656 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Lots of wind and rain here in MA. Glad it's not snow.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12451 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I'm kinda wishing it were snow! Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8961 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Just some light rain here in northern WV a mile south of the PA line. Temperature is dropping though.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7122 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Connecticut shoreline here….sound of the wind woke me up….heard a tree snap but can’t see where it is….raining pretty hard too. Lights flickered but for now, still on. The dog is questioning his need to go outside to pee

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Here in N.C.just north of the S.C. line I got 5.25 inches of rain and heavy wind. No damage and we needed the rain.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1490 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
Connecticut shoreline here….sound of the wind woke me up….heard a tree snap but can’t see where it is….raining pretty hard too. Lights flickered but for now, still on. The dog is questioning his need to go outside to pee

update: spoke too soon….loud pop outside, transformer blown up Sir!! No power now! Wahooo…..time to fire up the generator and give it some excercise! Big Grin

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Headed this way. I fully expect extended power outages since (whateverthenameisthisweek) power company doesn't waste any money on right-of-way maintenance.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15276 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Savannah, Ga:
5.5” of rain Sunday, starting at 0600. Yard was flooded, but that is mostly gone now; one of the many benefits of living on sandy soil, close to the coast

Fortunately the forecasted wind never materialized. We saw a 20mph gust around noon but sustained winds of only 10mph
Billy

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a terrible thing to say, but: I like northern blizzards. Beef headed north is diverted south and sales commence. Yall get the same when hurricanes come.

Posts: 680 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Glad it's not snow.

Stood out in the rain all day yesterday shooting a match. Said that to someone, "As long as we're not shoveling, it's a beautiful day."

It's coming down today for sure, monstrous winds. Monday is garbage day, came out this morning to find the neighborhood awash in everyone's trash.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Lots of rain and pretty good wind here in CT.
Had a power outage at some point during the night, but we have power now.
We're supposed to get about 3.5" of rain.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16538 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Is that the same storm that came through Florida Saturday night/Sunday morning? First time in my 23 years here that my dock was under water from a storm that wasn’t a named Hurricane. My across the canal neighbor’s sea wall is a foot under water.

Sunday morning:

Monday morning:

Tide’s about the same in the two pictures.

Posts: 11025 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
We got about 4 inches of rain here in PA last weekend so the ground is already pretty saturated then we got 4 more inches this weekend.

Woke up to water in my basement, just what I need to start my Monday Roll Eyes

Posts: 33895 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Next to nothing in my part of Loudoun, though that will change as the wind increases.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in Virginia Beach, we lost power around 7:30pm last night and finally got power back around 3:30am this morning. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Tons of wind here, but not much rain thankfully. Though my lights were just flickering...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38726 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Glad I'm not flying anywhere NEAR Newark in the next few days. That place is a melt-down Charlie Foxtrot on a SUNNY day!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I spoke too soon! The heavy rain is here!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38726 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxbusiness.com/li...sweep-through-region

Nearly 400,000 businesses and homes across the Northeast lost power by Monday morning after the region was walloped with a mix of heavy rain and strong winds.

Massachusetts had the most outages with more than 121,100 customers in the dark as of 10:30 a.m. ET on Monday, according to outage tracker PowerOutage.US. Over 101,800 customers were without power in Maine, and 82,000 were powerless in Connecticut. Around 47,000 customers in both New York and New Jersey had no power.

About 16,600 customers were out of power in Virginia as of 10:30 a.m. ET, according to PowerOutage.US.

In preparation for the storm, Con Edison, the utility company responsible for providing energy to 10 million people in New York City and Westchester County, said on X that it secured "extra crews" to help with restoration efforts.

Dominion Energy, headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, also reported that its crews were ready for the storm.

Both companies warned residents to report any outages.

Police in Wellesley, Massachusetts, also warned on X that the storm knocked down trees and wires "all over town."

Similarly, NYC Emergency Management also told residents that there had been 94 reports of downed trees citywide.

"Crews are responding but please use public transportation if you must travel," NYC Emergency Management said on X.

With the excessive rain over the weekend, the National Weather Service (NWS) was forced to issue flash flood warnings across several areas throughout New York, Connecticut, Virginia, Maryland, Maine, New Jersey and New Hampshire.

Posts: 19607 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post