SIGforum
Has Anyone Heard from the USS Little Rock Lately?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8350006634

January 22, 2018, 01:32 PM
nhtagmember
Has Anyone Heard from the USS Little Rock Lately?
rumor has it that they are on extended vacation in Canada because they;re stuck in the ice...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

January 22, 2018, 01:39 PM
RogueJSK
Moored in Montreal until March or so, when the St. Lawrence Seaway is clear of ice and they can finish making their way out of the Great Lakes and down to Florida.
January 22, 2018, 01:40 PM
bubbatime
A nice Canadian vacation. Not bad!

January 22, 2018, 03:12 PM
JALLEN
On a force projection mission to keep the commies from invading.... show the flag. Support important allies in a critical part of the world.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
January 22, 2018, 04:09 PM
trapper189
I take it this ship is not the class built in Mobile? Which would make it the Freedom Class?
January 22, 2018, 04:11 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I take it this ship is not the class built in Mobile? Which would make it the Freedom Class?

Correct. Freedom-class. Built in Marinette, WI.
January 22, 2018, 07:25 PM
rburg
What kind of Canadian vacation is it with no skeeters? I thought those were the Canadian national bird.

Unhappy ammo seeker
January 22, 2018, 07:32 PM
corsair
USS Little Rock Stuck in Montreal, Ship Might Not Leave Until Spring

I'm gonna guess this affects commercial traffic as well...
January 22, 2018, 08:13 PM
YooperSigs
All the guns aboard must be causing the Canucks to break out in hives!
Hurry spring!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
January 22, 2018, 08:44 PM
mark_a
Think anyone from the Coast Guard has slipped the Secretary of the Navy a note asking: should we fetch her for you?
January 22, 2018, 09:03 PM
Sig2340
< Lt. Dan voice >

Little Rock is a fine town....

< Lt. Dan voice >

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
January 22, 2018, 09:28 PM
Icabod
Montreal is French. About 67% of the city speaks French as a first language compared to 13% that speak English. This isn't when we think Canada is. I imagine there will be some surprises.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.
January 22, 2018, 10:51 PM
jimmy123x
The shipyard launched it so they could get paid. Everyone knew that the chances it would make it out of the Great Lakes before it froze over were pretty slim, so there it sits......
January 23, 2018, 07:36 AM
walker77
I blame global warming.