SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Armed robbery thwarted by pit bull in Back of the Yards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Armed robbery thwarted by pit bull in Back of the Yards Login/Join 
posted
Glad to see the neighbors helping out. Here is the story:
CHICAGO — A pit bull helped capture a suspected armed robber in the city’s Back of the Yards neighborhood, according to authorities.

Prosecutors said Marshon Hannah, 18, pulled a gun on a man in a gated property on the 4900 block of South Marshfield Avenue last Friday.

Friends of the homeowner said they saw what happened and turned a pit bull loose on Hannah. They said Hannah pulled the trigger, but his gun would not fire.

Responding officers said they found the gun after it was thrown away.

Hannah is being held for armed robbery after a judge denied him bail on Monday. He was on probation for a juvenile armed robbery conviction.

LINK: https://wgntv.com/2018/08/20/s...ttacked-by-pit-bull/

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Glad the dog is ok. Hope it bit a chunk out of the miscreant.

Posts: 26935 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Hannah pulled the trigger, but his gun would not fire.
Get some damn grease.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30714 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Marshon sounds like a name of a kid from Chinatown, I'm sure.

Posts: 13144 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Hannah pulled the trigger, but his gun would not fire.
Get some damn grease.

The dog didn't need any.

Posts: 12728 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Woof!

Posts: 9167 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
obama sure has a lot of sons.

Glad the dog is OK.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Execution would be nice, for us. But no...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Shaaaaa, riiight.

Did the non-shooter have bite wounds?

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post