SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Ed Rollins: Jeff Flake Will Go Down As Biggest Traitor in Republican History

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.98ec4b429bd6

The FBI has begun contacting people as part of an additional background investigation of Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, including a second woman who alleges that the Supreme Court nominee sexually assaulted her, according to people familiar with the unfolding investigation.

The bureau has reached out to Deborah Ramirez, a Yale University classmate of Kavanaugh’s who alleges that he shoved his genitals in her face at a party where she had been drinking and become disoriented, her attorney said Saturday.

“She has agreed to cooperate with their investigation,” Ramirez attorney John Clune said in a statement. “Out of respect for the integrity of the process, we will have no further comment at this time."

The FBI also is following up on allegations by Christine Blasey Ford, a California psychologist, who testified to the Senate this week that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in the early 1980s when they were in high school in suburban Washington, D.C.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm guessing you are a skeptic?

Truer words have never been spoken.

Smile

Yeah, Qanon stuff (or conspiracy theories in general) isn't something I expected to see referenced much around here. I once gave the topic of Q a solid couple of hours of my time and couldn't take any more of it. It's far too fantastical and silly to be taken seriously.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
I'm guessing you are a skeptic?

Truer words have never been spoken.

Smile

Yeah, Qanon stuff (or conspiracy theories in general) isn't something I expected to see referenced much around here. I once gave the topic of Q a solid couple of hours of my time and couldn't take any more of it. It's far too fantastical and silky to be taken seriously.

To each his own.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ How many times have cops told "interviewees" that they're merely trying to help clarify the story? Ford didn't appear stressed at all when the staff attorney was questioning her, and cheerfully admitted - without seeming to be conscious of the consequences for her credibility - flying on a regular basis. The staff attorney was a good move; people are frustrated because putting her in charge of questioning obviated the possibility of any "gee whiz" moments.

quote:
Republicans Should Not Have Delayed the Kavanaugh Vote

This is a debate for the next confirmation. It's utterly irrelevant now.

I watched a YouTube video with a body language “expert” reviewing Ford’s testimony. She concluded Ford is lying. If you are interested in that type of stuff I think her YouTube channel is BodyLanguage Ghost or something similar.

Anyway, she also thinks Rachel Mitchell did a good job by putting Ford at ease but then near the end got Ford off guard about flying, the ineffectiveness of their interview technique, and doing the interview in DC.

Posts: 3963 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I have been growing increasingly suspicious of Ford's story.

A twitter thread by TheLastRefuge lined up closely with things that bothered me.

If one tried to create a fabrication, it would have a lot of the features of Ford’s story

Hoping this possibility gets investigated also

If you search my posts in this thread, you will see I have suspected this was scripted from the get go.

Concocting a plot line with just the right details, plausible but not verifiable or impeachable, would be childs play for the Hollywood scriptwriters.

“Clever liars give details, but the cleverest don't.”
Author Unknown

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9138 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 226Reasons:
quote:
Polygraphs are such hokey nonsense. What's next, a Ouija test or reading chicken bones?

quote:
Do you happen to follow Q

Is this a serious question? Surely not.

Actually it was? I'm guessing you are a skeptic?

I guess I assumed wrong. Q said to expect "the sky is falling" narrative over the next week. Following q is quite interesting.

Btw, I don't believe in oiuja boards.
Who or what is this "Q" you keep talking about?

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Sooooo...a buddy of mine just told me that somewhere it's documented that our victim had something like 65 sex partners over the years spanning high school through college. Anyone heard that one??

Not judging...just seeking the truth.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Never heard this.
This must be what you are talking about.
It's kinda trashy though.
Much like the tabloids used to be, maybe still are.
Hard to believe the article.

https://citizenwells.com/2018/...-11th-grade-college/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31433 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Sooooo...a buddy of mine just told me that somewhere it's documented that our victim had something like 65 sex partners over the years spanning high school through college. Anyone heard that one??

Not judging...just seeking the truth.

1. I highly doubt that, documented by who? Was there a ticket taker Roll Eyes

2. So what, liking to screw doesn't make you immune to assault so what would be the point in even exploring her consensual sexual history in this context?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the FBI will get a statement from the prosecutor the Republicans hired to ask questions?

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
^^^ ??

A setup is not a "conspiracy."

On another subject, it is odd that Ford's parents and siblings have not signed any of the letters, have made no public statements of support-- nothing from them. It might be very interesting what the FBI learns when they talk with her family.
Indeed. I just read an article that revealed that Dr. Ford's father was a big shot in the CIA. That might be of interest.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
quote:
Polygraphs are such hokey nonsense. What's next, a Ouija test or reading chicken bones?

quote:

I guess I assumed wrong. Q said to expect "the sky is falling" narrative over the next week. Following q is quite interesting.

Tighten your tinfoil hat, gather your Glenn Beck Signature Series prepper kit, call a priest who is well versed in exorcisms, and prepare to be, well, entertained, or something...

Some anonymous fuckstick (or a thousand of them, no one knows) claiming to have "Q level clearance", dubbed QAnon (get it?), started posting "mysterious inside information" to, get this, 4chan in October 2017. That's right, 4chan is where such truths are coming from.

You see, a pimp's love is very different from that of a square. Wait, sorry, wrong comedy...

You see, QAnon and a merry band of super secret patriots from deep inside the government are there fighting the good fight for regular people like us, and he/they have been leaking info and drawing parallels between various dates and events, which purportedly help lay bare the plot by Satanists (yes, seriously, "Satanists") and child sex trafficking rings (ala Pizzagate) being head up by, wait for it, the Clintons, the Obamas, and Putin, that all somehow ties into the Mueller investigation and more.

(I can barely contain my laughter right now).

Feast your eyes (three quick links from dozens):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e3KGT_YboSA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yTneDfIgFE8

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon

Spend an hour or so looking into it. I suspect you'll be entertained. Smile

It's a pox upon this country, the sane Right, and conservatism in general. 11:1 odds it's a brilliantly effective case of trolling the Right or a guy or three with delusions of grandeur.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I'm lost. I need to be briefed. No wait, sorry. I'm already wearing underwear.

Someone fill me in. Uhh, he he. That is to say- give it to me straight.

Never mind.

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
The FBI needs to have a chat with DiFi to get her truths on record. Maybe her lies will make her eligible for felony prosecution.

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm sure this has been said, but I think it's very ironic that the Dems are trying so hard to derail the confirmation, but are succeeding more at making themselves look foolish, petty and completely corrupt. I don't think their scheming is going to work. And to top it off, because of their conniving, I also think they'll lose big at the polls. Their antics will repel many moderates and classic liberals who might have otherwise voted for them. Double down loss for the Dems.

They really are despicable!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38857 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Some anonymous fuckstick (or a thousand of them, no one knows) claiming to have "Q level clearance", are coming from.
Thanks, that's all I need to hear, to know they are idiots.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Tighten your tinfoil hat, gather your Glenn Beck Signature Series prepper kit, call a priest who is well versed in exorcisms, and prepare to be, well, entertained, or something...

Some anonymous fuckstick (or a thousand of them, no one knows) claiming to have "Q level clearance", dubbed QAnon (get it?), started posting "mysterious inside information" to, get this, 4chan in October 2017. That's right, 4chan is where such truths are coming from.

You see, a pimp's love is very different from that of a square. Wait, sorry, wrong comedy...

You see, QAnon and a merry band of super secret patriots from deep inside the government are there fighting the good fight for regular people like us, and he/they have been leaking info and drawing parallels between various dates and events, which purportedly help lay bare the plot by Satanists (yes, seriously, "Satanists") and child sex trafficking rings (ala Pizzagate) being head up by, wait for it, the Clintons, the Obamas, and Putin, that all somehow ties into the Mueller investigation and more.

(I can barely contain my laughter right now).

Feast your eyes (three quick links from dozens):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e3KGT_YboSA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yTneDfIgFE8

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon

Spend an hour or so looking into it. I suspect you'll be entertained. Smile

It's a pox upon this country, the sane Right, and conservatism in general. 11:1 odds it's a brilliantly effective case of trolling the Right or a guy or three with delusions of grandeur.

Let's see how this plays out over the next few months. I hope to see you eat your words. Frankly I can't wait to see what Q is posting come to pass. But...nothing to see here.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I found another web article about Dr. Ford's father: http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2659.htm. I don't know anything about the credibility of that source, but found the article interesting.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I'm sure this has been said, but I think it's very ironic that the Dems are trying so hard to derail the confirmation, but are succeeding more at making themselves look foolish, petty and completely corrupt. I don't think their scheming is going to work. And to top it off, because of their conniving, I also think they'll lose big at the polls. Their antics will repel many moderates and classic liberals who might have otherwise voted for them. Double down loss for the Dems.

They really are despicable!

Well said and a big AMEN!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10591 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post