SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This member proves that humanity is still alive and strong in our world.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This member proves that humanity is still alive and strong in our world. Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
He's going to hate that I copied his email, but I want to highlight that people are still good and so many on our community.

"Hi Dave!

I was going to put this on SigForum, but I did not want folks to think I was trying to call attention to myself.

I purchased a GW9400RangerMaster from you as part of this deal.

Shortly after I received the watch is when I learned that I would be getting divorced.

I contacted you, and you gave me all the time in the world to pay, it took me nearly 6 months.

Truthfully I never wore it because I had not paid for it, and once I did wear it a bit, I realized it was too much watch for what I needed.

I’ve been looking for the right person to give it to, and just today I found him. A friend of mine is a newly minted Navy SWCC (they drive the SEAL’s around in those cool boats...he’d ‘love’ that description!) and is going to begin deploying soon. He’s too humble for his own good, but I convinced him to accept the watch as a gift.

Just thought you’d like to know that your generosity of the forum deal, and then your generosity to me when I was at my lowest point in my life, netted this service man one of your watches that he will hopefully wear for a long and successful Navy career."

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6061 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for all you do for SF's community, David!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
This is great - thank you for posting this!

Posts: 6733 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Just wow.

This, folks, is why SigForum and its members are great.

Posts: 4558 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Nice, and I hope this member rebounds and finds the true love of his life. She will be the lucky one. Smile

And of course kudos to you DT. And yes we understand you did not post this to beat your own drum. Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19709 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I want a picture of the watch... on the boat. Smile man those are cool boats.

Man I love sigforum.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3659 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave, for posting.

And "Thanks!" to the generosity of the "Anonymous".

May life give you the time and blessings, you deserve.

"God, Family, Country." indeed.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44460 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! Good begets good.

Dave, you are The Man!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
What a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for all you do for SF's community, David!

You beat me to it!

Thanks from me to David, for all he does, and has done.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Damn. A great story. Bigups & blessings to Dave and the member.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Great story Dave.

Posts: 1899 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
karma to that member

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers to all involved!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this Dave!

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
To go through the heart-wrenching loss of a divorce and still have that generosity...I’d say somebody made a mistake.
Thanks for posting that, Dave.
Blessings to you and our anonymous SF Secret Santa.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing...gave me the warm fuzzies!

Posts: 746 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing Dave! What a great community this is!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3088 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Kudos to both that member and you Dave along with the membership at large which reflects generosity of the heart, spirit, and wallet. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
This is terrific. Thanks for posting this Dave.

Posts: 6568 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Great gesture on your part Dave, and a great gesture on anonymous’s end.

It’s things like this that sets this group above all other gun forums. Kudos all around!

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post