SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Air Marshal carry kit?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air Marshal carry kit? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
According to Wikipedia, Federal Air Marshals carry P229 or P239 pistols chambered for 357 SIG. Does anyone know which ammo and holster they have? I'd guess that carry kit is standard across the service.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9001 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Supposedly at one time they were using Glaser Safety Slug frangible ammo, but switched to Speer Gold Dots when that proved somewhat less than effective. The most current reference i can find is almost ten years old, though.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
next time they leave one in the biffy, check the ammo and then flush it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53227 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere once that they used some type of cross draw holster I think. That was ages ago though, sorry I don't recall more.

Posts: 2198 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Galco likes to imply that their Sky Ops tuckable leather IWB is "it", but I would assume that options are afforded to maximize concealment, comfort, and accessibility.

Posts: 5166 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I Heard they packed a Barrett 50 tucked in their pant leg....didn't seem like a credible source though.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Speer 125 Grain Gold Dots. There is no ONE holster in use, despite the common internet rumors. They have a wide latitude of holsters to choose from include AIWB, OWB, and IWB. High Noon Holsters are a favorite.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Speer 125 Grain Gold Dots. There is no ONE holster in use, despite the common internet rumors. They have a wide latitude of holsters to choose from include AIWB, OWB, and IWB. High Noon Holsters are a favorite.

Thank you. I had guessed that shoulder rigs would be commonly used by Air Marshals. Not the first time that I've been wrong…

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9001 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gold dots.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post