SIGforum
Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8330006364

December 12, 2019, 10:15 AM
sdy
Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
'The law is the law': Virginia Democrats float prosecution, National Guard deployment if police don't enforce gun control

https://www.washingtonexaminer...-enforce-gun-control

Democratic lawmakers on Capitol Hill say local police who do not enforce gun control measures likely to pass in Virginia should face prosecution and even threats of the National Guard.

After November's Virginia Legislature elections that led to Democrats taking control of both chambers, the gun control legislation proposed by some Democrats moved forward, including universal background checks, an “assault weapons” ban, and a red flag law.

Legal firearm owners in the state, however, joined with their sheriffs to form Second Amendment sanctuary counties, which declare the authorities in these municipalities uphold the Second Amendment in the face of any gun control measure passed by Richmond.

Over 75 counties in Virginia have so far adopted such Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions in the commonwealth, the latest being Spotsylvania County. The board of supervisors voted unanimously to approve a resolution declaring that county police will not enforce state-level gun laws that violate Second Amendment rights.

Virginia Democratic officials, however, already say local law enforcement supporting these resolutions will face consequences if they do not carry out any law the state Legislature passes.

“I would hope they either resign in good conscience, because they cannot uphold the law which they are sworn to uphold, or they're prosecuted for failure to fulfill their oath,” Democratic Virginia Rep. Gerry Connolly told the Washington Examiner of local county police who may refuse to enforce future gun control measures. “The law is the law. If that becomes the law, you don't have a choice, not if you're a sworn officer of the law.”

Democratic Virginia Rep. Donald McEachin suggested cutting off state funds to counties that do not comply with any gun control measures that pass in Richmond.

“They certainly risk funding, because if the sheriff's department is not going to enforce the law, they're going to lose money. The counties' attorneys offices are not going to have the money to prosecute because their prosecutions are going to go down,” he said.

McEachin also noted that Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam could call the National Guard, if necessary.

“And ultimately, I'm not the governor, but the governor may have to nationalize the National Guard to enforce the law,” he said. “That's his call, because I don't know how serious these counties are and how severe the violations of law will be. But that's obviously an option he has.”

Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring blamed the numerous Second Amendment resolutions in the state on the “gun lobby” as a tactic to frighten state residents.

“The resolutions that are being passed are being ginned up by the gun lobby to try to scare people. What we’re talking about here are laws that will make our communities and our streets safer,” Herring told CBS 6.

“So, when Virginia passes these gun safety laws that they will be followed, they will be enforced,” he added.
December 12, 2019, 10:22 AM
Skins2881
Sdy, I posted that like ten posts back. Looks like McEachin is ready to ask Gov Blackdace to fire the first shots of the second Civil War.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
December 12, 2019, 10:22 AM
gearhounds
In most of Virginia if the law passes...

image hosting service

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
December 12, 2019, 10:30 AM
sdy
skins2881,

my mistake. fast moving thread
December 12, 2019, 10:34 AM
BBMW
From the outside, I'm interested to see how all this indignation is going to translate to votes in 2020. Isn't Northam up for reelection?
December 12, 2019, 10:34 AM
Cliff
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Heads up- Philip Van Cleave, president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, will be on WMAL today at 8:35am. This is a DC regional radio station

Here you go.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

December 12, 2019, 10:42 AM
wishfull thinker
quote:
Democratic Virginia Rep. Donald McEachin suggested cutting off state funds to counties that do not comply with any gun control measures that pass in Richmond.

“And ultimately, I'm not the governor, but the governor may have to nationalize the National Guard to enforce the law,” he said. ...”

That'll be fun. Maybe get some of Swallwell's nukes too. I mean like if they're like 'nationalized' it should be ok, right? Roll Eyes

December 12, 2019, 10:58 AM
wcb6092
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
From the outside, I'm interested to see how all this indignation is going to translate to votes in 2020. Isn't Northam up for reelection?

Virginia is a 1 term Governor state.Winning back the legislature would be more important in my opinion.

December 12, 2019, 11:01 AM
Leemur
How badly outnumbered you think the NG would be if they tried this shit? Most of the guard wouldn’t fire on fellow citizens and we’ve demonstrated in these meetings that we have thousands on our side. I’m told that there’s a large reinforcement division waiting in WV as well.
December 12, 2019, 11:04 AM
Micropterus
That National Guard thing worked well for another black hating Democrat with communist ties who tried to use the Guard to enforce unconstitutional laws in 1957. Ask Arkansas governor Orval Faubus what nationalization (really federalization) of the National Guard really means.

The very idea of threatening Virginians and law enforcement officers with military force.

December 12, 2019, 11:04 AM
sdy
quote:
Isn't Northam up for reelection?

Virginia has an odd rule re governors.

You can't be governor in two consecutive terms.

But there is no limit to how many total times you are Governor.

So in 2021, Terry McAuliffe could run again for VA governor.
December 12, 2019, 11:20 AM
gearhounds
quote:
The very idea of threatening Virginians and law enforcement officers with military force.

The clearest sign of despotism you could possibly ask for.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
December 12, 2019, 12:17 PM
leavemebe
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

Yes it is. Too that I would add insanity as well.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.
December 12, 2019, 12:39 PM
HRK
Listening to Dana on the radio, she's talking about it, said its up to 80 counties and played the interview with McEachin, I loved her response, which was for the Governor to do it, send the national guard to take guns from lawful citizens.

The optics would be devastating to the D party, and used for every R candidates advertising, 2020 would be an assured route to victory and the end of the D party as we know it.
December 12, 2019, 03:12 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
quote:

And while it sucks that VA is experiencing this, it is flushing the cockroaches out into the light and with the cameras rolling, giving more solid evidence of their true goals and intentions.
December 12, 2019, 03:37 PM
fiasconva
Our local tv stations showed a small no. of people advocating against sanctuary at the meeting in Hampton last night so the decision was postponed.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra
December 12, 2019, 04:57 PM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Our local tv stations showed a small no. of people advocating against sanctuary at the meeting in Hampton last night so the decision was postponed.

my brother was at the Chesterfield Meeting last night ( I had to work),
he said one of the anti gun speakers should have won an Emmy/Oscar/Golden Globe for her act, such as it was,

and she commented she was scared of all the folks behind her and outside,,

pitiful,

no vote, apparently it was not on the agenda to be voted on, just heard

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

December 12, 2019, 05:04 PM
RAMIUS
quote:
Originally posted by leavemebe:
quote:
quote:

Yes it is. Too that I would add insanity as well.

That’s most certainly how the boogaloo would start.
December 12, 2019, 07:14 PM
Micropterus
The threat of military force is intolerable. I've started a Change.Org petition.

https://www.change.org/p/donal...ce-b2f3-45443477536f

Please sign and share if you choose.

December 12, 2019, 07:41 PM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
...boogaloo...
That's the last time you'll see that in this forum. I've set this silly, made up term as a trigger word.