SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wouldn't it be great if *everyone* had a unique Avatar here?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wouldn't it be great if *everyone* had a unique Avatar here? Login/Join 
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Avatars and sig line turned off.
Too many have short novels for a Sig.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I agree, OP.

For the longest time, my avatar was of a chimpanzee with a boonie hat and glasses on, smoking a pipe. But they got so common, y' dig? So I went with a more cultured and refined avatar. One that more aptly reflects my mentality, geography, and wardrobe preferences.

Works for me.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
I've been sporting Oliver Wendell Jones from Bloom County comics since I joined the forum years ago. Alas, I don't have his hacking skills, but we do favor somewhat. Smile

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I finally un-blurred mine.

Sorry dudes.

I think I'm still the only one using this screenshot. Fuckin A.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
I think I'm still the only one using this screenshot. Fuckin A.

A classic, too.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Avatars require creativity. I taught accounting. Accounts get in big trouble when they get creative. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I think mine is quite safe, lol.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey fixed me up. I like it. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
Avatars require creativity. I taught accounting. Accounts get in big trouble when they get creative. Smile

Here ya go, Scoutmaster. Already resized, with a transparent background and all Smile

Save it to your local drive, put it wherever you want to host it, set it in your SF profile and Bob's yer uncle.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Mine is a gift from several years ago from an online buddy over PCGS coin forum.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have avatars turned off now and should have done this years ago.

OP: all you need is a unique username and we all have them already

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

Here ya go, Scoutmaster. Already resized, with a transparent background and all Smile

Save it to your local drive, put it wherever you want to host it, set it in your SF profile and Bob's yer uncle.

I will work on it.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*everyone* of the 86k members here has a unique user name

One only has to read the name to the left of a post to know who made said post.

Posts: 7874 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
I've been sporting Oliver Wendell Jones from Bloom County comics since I joined the forum years ago. Alas, I don't have his hacking skills, but we do favor somewhat. Smile

Don't you dare change yours, Wink

Mine is blurred and have been meaning to change it but have been sidetracked by red wine. I'll see what I can do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I’ve always enjoyed seeing the different avatars on here.
I use the same in every forum I’m on.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
My home has been my avatar for years.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I'm satisfied with mine!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean. There’s one other guy around here who uses the same avatar I do. I’ve read his comments before and been like, wtf, I don’t remember saying that?!?!?!?

I never knew how to make a custom one, but now that I see members can help, I’ll have to change mine. Thanks to all of you who can help!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I know what you mean. There’s one other guy around here who uses the same avatar I do. I’ve read his comments before and been like, wtf, I don’t remember saying that?!?!?!?

I never knew how to make a custom one, but now that I see members can help, I’ll have to change mine. Thanks to all of you who can help!

Oh, great. Now I'll have to try and find your posts with a new avatar! That will take me a few years to adjust to!!! Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Lightening never strikes the same spot twice, and I've never seen anyone else with mine.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post