SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun Prices are Killing Me
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Prices are Killing Me Login/Join 
posted
They keep dropping and I keep finding great bargains. A mail order house sells an AR 15 kit for 300 bucks (total, 269 for the kit and 29 for the stripped receiver.) My local shop dumped Beretta apx 9mm full size for 404. 9mm ammo for 7.99 a box, free shipping on a case. It goes on and on. My safe and ammo closet (okay, it's a room now with overflowing) are bulging.

I truly gotta stop.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up another P320, because I couldn't pass up the bargain, and when I picked it up today, there was a G48 marked "used" for less than 400 bucks, without a visible scratch or mark on it. It went on layaway.

At this rate I should be divorced by July.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I'm still absorbing all the stuff I bought in 2016.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
I just got a CZ Scorpion Carbine with five mags for $816 shipped.

I feel your pain.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I’m sure there’s a 12 step program out there somewhere. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
They keep dropping and I keep finding great bargains. A mail order house sells an AR 15 kit for 300 bucks (total, 269 for the kit and 29 for the stripped receiver.) My local shop dumped Beretta apx 9mm full size for 404. 9mm ammo for 7.99 a box, free shipping on a case. It goes on and on. My safe and ammo closet (okay, it's a room now with overflowing) are bulging.

I truly gotta stop.

My office looks like something from an episode of "Hoarders". I've been on a moratorium for about six months, but couldn't pass up a Kel Tec PMR30 for $293. And of course a 2000 round case of Maxi-Mags for $320.

Not that I need any, but is there brass 9mm for $8/box with free shipping? Best I've seen currently is $8.50.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Spotless P320 2 mags, night sights for $306. On Broker no less.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There is not room for one more gun in my safe. We're gonna need a bigger safe.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
And of course a 2000 round case of Maxi-Mags for $320.

Where did you find this ^^^^^

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep. I still have 5 stripped AR receivers waiting to be built.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
1st World problems

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Just remember this is not going to last for ever Wink
History has shown us this in the past.
Buy now while the prices are good.
Lets see whats going to happen in the next 2 to 6 years.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I'm right there with ya! I've bought half a dozen Sigs off GB in the last three months. The last one I picked up last evening. Sig P229 SAS DAK with stainless slide and black aluminum grips...$275 shipped. It's in excellent condition.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1905 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I’m sure there’s a 12 step program out there somewhere. Big Grin

There sure is, but buying 78 guns... and 12 at once at the end... I nearly got a hernia carrying them inside.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Police turn-in Gen. 3 Glock 22s with night sights and three 15 round mags - $259. I splurged for a super clean Gen. 4 at $299.

Posts: 3522 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
I'm right there with ya! I've bought half a dozen Sigs off GB in the last three months. The last one I picked up last evening. Sig P229 SAS DAK with stainless slide and black aluminum grips...$275 shipped. It's in excellent condition.

No desire or need at all, but I could not have resisted that one.

Posts: 3522 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
They keep dropping and I keep finding great bargains.
It isn't going to last. Eventually it will stop and reverse. I think we have another year until election drama starts, but if Trump wins in 2020 we have another 4.

But eventually it will stop.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I've needed a second safe for years.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I've needed a second safe for years.

flashguy

I bought one and it’s now full.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:

No desire or need at all, but I could not have resisted that one.

I don't care for DAK's but as you said I couldn't pass on that one.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1905 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post