SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can anyone identify this?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone identify this? Login/Join 
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted
They are about 2 1/4" collapsed, 1/4" wide, and over 3" long as shown. Have "SWANK" stamped on them. Come in the leather case.

SWANK

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14013 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A picture might help here.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
A picture might help here.

Yea yea yea...........workin on it

Posts: 14013 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guessing you picked the wrong picture Joe but I do like the flag made from baseball bats.

Time takes time.

Posts: 84 | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timetogo:
Guessing you picked the wrong picture Joe but I do like the flag made from baseball bats.

You caught inbetween fixes..Should be OK now

posted Hide Post
I see you have it fixed now. Swank was a watch manufacturer maybe back in the 80's I believe.

Time takes time.

Posts: 84 | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
SWANK was a purveyor of Men's accessories, wallets, cuff links, tie clips, etc.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timetogo:
I see you have it fixed now. Swank was a watch manufacturer maybe back in the 80's I believe.

I think they also made cufflinks, tie tacs, etcc....but this one has me stumped.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Adjustable collar stays?
What are the dimensions?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43915 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Adjustable collar stays?
What are the dimensions?

They are about 2 1/4" collapsed, 1/4" wide, and over 3" long as shown.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It appears as if the lower piece is intended to slide over the upper one somehow--maybe to increase the length of the handle? The upper piece is shaped like a butter knife--does it have a honed edge? Maybe some type of scalpel?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It might be some kind of jimmy, otherwise known as a slim jim.

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
It appears as if the lower piece is intended to slide over the upper one somehow--maybe to increase the length of the handle? The upper piece is shaped like a butter knife--does it have a honed edge? Maybe some type of scalpel?

flashguy

They are both the same. I just flipped one and extended it to show what they could be like.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Collar stays. Final answer.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43915 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Adjustable collar stays?

Yes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...able_collar_stay.jpg

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like collar stays. Here is an Ebay add for a pair.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Collar stays. Final answer.

WINNER, WINNER !!!!!!!

I googled how to use......WHO KNEW!!

Thanks for all the replies!!!

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
These were the complimentary bookmarks provided to subscribers of the highly regarded men’s magazine named “Swank”.
It was popular in the late 70s and 80s.

Razz

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
As noted, Swank was an accessories retailer. They had an outlet store somewhere near Attleboro, Massachusetts when I was a kid. I remember going there a few times for things like wallets, etc.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12794 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swank also sold a gold, or silver ID Bracelet with a small watch in it.....I had one. I think it was advertised in Playboy magazine.

Posts: 6628 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post