SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best beaches and water in Florida
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best beaches and water in Florida Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
I came to post Bahia Honda...

Swing and a miss.

From the first post:
quote:
My only real requirements would be beachfront condo or house rental and the least amount of people.

Bahia Honda has 6 non-beachfront cabins.

Posts: 10974 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
The Florida Emerald Coast, from Panama City Beach to Pensacola has the most beautiful white sand beaches in the world, the hospitality is wonderful, and we have not yet been overrun by liberals trying to New York or Californicate our state. Also if you cross the west border into Alabama you will get more of the same. Destin has some of the best fishing charters in the world and if you dive there are a lot of dive sites along the Emerald Coast. If you come this way we will share info on restaurants and attractions. One note: Destin has developed so much that it has become seriously touristy but lots of accommodations and restaurants.
+100

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DBD226:
Go west a bit. Orange Beach, Alabama has wonderful beaches and great food. Plenty of options from hotels to VRBO condos and houses right on the beach. We have stayed at Brett Robinson properties several times and have had positive experiences each time.

i would say go just a little farther west and go to Gulf Shores. If you go west on Fort Morgan Road, there is the Beach Club and Kiva Dunes. Both are secure, self-contained communities. The beaches are beautiful and the area has almost no commercialization. The Blue Angels often fly down the coastline as they head out to the gulf for practice.

Posts: 466 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perdido Key just SW of Pensacola is pretty nice but the development is continuing. Great fishing, prime view for Blue Angels end of season show, and a number of state parks close by. Its not as a laid back as it once was but its not as touristy Panama City or Destin. Usually the week following Labor Day there is a significant drop off in folks.
Hayes Greener is dead on that this area has some of the prettiest beachs in the country.

Posts: 587 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
The Florida Panhandle has the worst beaches, full of broken glass and pop tops, polluted water, unattractive women and the sun never shines.

Gas averages $47.93 a gallon and the stations are only open for 3 minutes, once a week, and the pump hoses are on the wrong side.

The seafood is nasty, all covered in crude oil and full of mercury.

That's why we spend our winters there - to punish ourselves for the beautiful summers in Montana.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4234 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:...
That's why we spend our winters there - to punish ourselves for the beautiful summers in Montana.

LOL

My cousin lives on the Rez in Browning.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43909 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendations.

The Florida trip will be a real change up for us as we always drove to Myrtle and were self sufficient. Flying to the beach is going to be a new experience and I have no idea what to expect. Everything from how to get around to where to get beach chairs and umbrellas.

Posts: 5424 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up on Fort Myers Beach. It's changed, but one can still have a great vacation if you find either a cottage or a condo, on the south side of the bridge that goes onto the Beach or on the north side of the bridge but up a ways.

The trick is, to be sure you are as far away as possible from the center of the little town with its bars and restaurants (you'll still be in easy walking distance if you just gotta go). You don't want to hear the music at night, or see the drunks or hear their vehicles.

What you want (at least if it was me) is to see the moon and stars through the palm fronds at night, feel the heat of that gorgeous sun during the day, and have a semi-private beach to hand out on. Then a dip in the pool. Maybe rent a small motor boat or even a sail boat if you have some experience at that.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimacp:
Cape San Blas, about an hour east of Panama City, is a gorgeous and laid back area with relatively few tourists compared to the more populated panhandle areas. Also, St. George island, close to Apalachicola is nice.

I agree with this post if you want a beautiful beach all to yourself Cape San Blas is a great choice.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7633 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Just as an FYI, I also have stores in Madiera Beach, Sand Key, and Miami Beach... :P

Need to work on getting them in more places. Sanibel is very nice and quiet.

Posts: 5741 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
quote:
Originally posted by jimacp:
Cape San Blas, about an hour east of Panama City, is a gorgeous and laid back area with relatively few tourists compared to the more populated panhandle areas. Also, St. George island, close to Apalachicola is nice.

I agree with this post if you want a beautiful beach all to yourself Cape San Blas is a great choice.

A girl at work has been going to CSB for the last decade. I had never heard of it. The pics she showed us were pretty nice.

I will have to check it out at some point.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I’m in the land of the free now.. Martin County Stewart/Hutchinson Island has beautiful beaches and old school vibe.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post