SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shortwave/Multiband radios- your opinion
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shortwave/Multiband radios- your opinion Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Bump for subscription..

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Take a look at the CountyComm GP-5 radio. I don't have one, but have been considering it. It seems it is the new hotness in ham circles. Portable, SSB, good reception, and cheaper than the Sony. Small, but depends on your definition of tiny, and quality.

I had one, it worked ok, but I found the user interface just plain sucks. A lot of the small portables are hard to use, IMHO.

But then again, my tastes run towards the big desktops, like this one. I hated to sell it, but I made enough from the sale to pay my mortgage, lights, gas, etc:

I loved my "Nerd".

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

"Bearmat Bearmat request permission to move one vehicle six personnel from tank ramp to range 500"

You will definently be the base station lol. On a more serious note I have often wondered about radios; I have become too complacent with cellular. When I was young I had a CB running off of a 12v lawnmower battery during hurricane Gloria in Boston in 1986. Good thread.

You and I have some of the same toys. I have a Yaesu FRG-7, a Pro-2005, a JRC NRD-525, a Kenwood TS-850, and several others, including a near mint Allied SX-190.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
getting the jones to upgrade my CC Crane Pocket Radio.....it worked well for years as a nighttime/catch stuff after dark AM stations.

Checking these smaller models out, need better reception in a small package; don't need FM/etc.

Want built in speaker as well as earbud connect.

Want self tuning/multiple memories.
As kid used old tube 40s style table models to visit around the globe after dark.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post