SIGforum
Legends of the Ho Chi Minh Trail

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8290092024

March 01, 2017, 02:30 PM
Ronin1069
Legends of the Ho Chi Minh Trail
Picture heavy, but WELL worth the time. The amount of material left behind is staggering. There are some "dark" photos with background behind aircraft losses, but they are all fascinating.

http://www.laosgpsmap.com/ho-chi-minh-trail-laos/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
March 01, 2017, 03:56 PM
45 Cal
That was interesting,some things stuck out was the poverty in most picks.
The amount of ordnance that did not explode is another.
March 01, 2017, 05:17 PM
GT-40DOC
I dropped my share(and perhaps other's share) of bombs on the vehicles and bridges of the "trail"......a loooong time ago!!
March 01, 2017, 05:35 PM
k5blazer
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
March 01, 2017, 06:12 PM
George43
A major fucking waste.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.
March 01, 2017, 07:28 PM
SSgt USMC/Vet
Thanks for posting, the two Dog Tags were from 2 different Marines. I wonder their fate.
March 01, 2017, 08:06 PM
Gibb
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
Thanks for posting, the two Dog Tags were from 2 different Marines. I wonder their fate.

I wondered too, and ran their SN on the Wall database and didn't come up with anything. Here's to hoping they made it home.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.
March 01, 2017, 08:53 PM
mod29
Those are great photos.

I traveled to Saigon a while back on a whim, and it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life.
March 02, 2017, 08:16 AM
stickman428
Those were some incredible pictures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
March 02, 2017, 08:22 AM
molachi
Thanks for the post. I was in Laos in '69 so I bookmarked to look at later.
March 02, 2017, 10:19 AM
lowflash
Going back to Viet-Nam and Laos is not on my things to do list. I regret that I was there and regret more so the people we lost and the lives that were changed forever. If you were part of the boots on the ground your perspective is different.
March 02, 2017, 12:39 PM
HRK
Fascinating very interesting pictures and to see the amount of 50 year old war machines, bombs, sams littering the area, incredible.
March 02, 2017, 01:10 PM
saigonsmuggler
Thank you!
March 02, 2017, 03:28 PM
ravens1775
Thanks. Shared it with a friend that was there. Much appreciated. We were actually just sitting down looking at his old AOR maps the other day.
March 02, 2017, 05:41 PM
Mars_Attacks
I work with many people who escaped.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
March 03, 2017, 12:28 AM
bushpilot
Thanks for posting the link.

I was there with the 101st Airborne, C Company 4/77th ARA (Aerial Rocket Artillery) I Corps. Flew a lot of missions in the Cobra along the border with Laos and the HCMT. Don't feel the need to go back as a tourist.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln