SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hey Ford, I don't want a Truck!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Ford, I don't want a Truck! Login/Join 
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted
I want a sedan! A car! Is that too much to ask? I have no use for a Truck or SUV. I won't buy one. From you or anyone else.

Give me 4 doors, a V6. An interior color other than that dogshit yellow you seem to adorn every sedan interior in.

I am a life long Ford customer. But you are walking away from me. Again. Yes, I am still pissed you killed the Crown Vic.

Am I all alone here? Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmc85
posted Hide Post
I’m guessing this should be in what’s your deal.

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, you are not alone.

It's true that I miss the SUVs we drove for nearly 20 years, miss their bad weather capabilities which I could have used the last month or so.

But for the rest of the 11 months of the year, a sedan is my choice. A Chevy at the moment.

As to what I'll replace it with, I'm afraid we're stuck with Asian cars, and it's a damned good thing they have become so reliable. I can't imagine going back to my Italian, English, or Swedish cars.

Subaru Legacy is most likely my next car. Not a truck.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9177 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Am I all alone here? Regards 18DAI
'Alone'? Don't know, but since I drive an F-150 truck and have for the past 20 years....

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You can always take a bus.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...or two, if it's a long distance...

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9177 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You can still get a Lincoln far as I know. Is that not a Ford. I know they are pretty sharp looking sedan.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I much prefer driving cars like Crown Vic over my Forester on long trips.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6321 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The sedans are only being phased out over time. They are all still available for 2019, even the shitbox Fiesta, and V6 engines are available in the Taurus.

Posts: 28007 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
After our experience with Ford several years ago, if I mentioned getting a Ford my wife would swat me upside the head! And our son in law had an equally bad experience with them.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
You may prefer a sedan over a SUV or truck, but the buying trends of the average Ford consumer show you are in the minority.

Even the police units are buying the Explorer over the Taurus by a sizable margin. Given they are built on the same subframe and lines, it makes business sense to concentrate on what the average consumer will purchase.

Sedans are still being made, just not by Ford.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3356 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I had a 4x4 pickup truck in the late 1980s. Most worthless vehicle I've ever owned. Never used it as a truck, and only during snow was the 4x4 helpful.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I can 100% relate to not wanting a truck. Respectfully though, I cannot personally find anything about the Ford product line that would have appealed to me over the myriad of -- in my opinion -- vastly superior options.

Posts: 11398 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I know people who won't own a truck because they think they are dumb and a big waste of money. Well, up until the time they need a truck for something. What do they do? Yup, they want to borrow mine!!

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5053 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
HEY, PORSCHE! I WANT A TRUCK!

Posts: 11017 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
That is why Ford gives you the Lincoln MKZ.
I am the opposite of you and have zero desire for a sedan but the MKZ certainly would be on the short list.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25448 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I am the opposite of you and have zero desire for a sedan but the MKZ certainly would be on the short list.

Can they offer it in an SHO trim? Big Grin

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9698 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ford does not know their customer. Demand for the Ranger was so overwhelming and orders so much more than expected that they ok’d a bunch of overtime to keep up. People only asked for a midsize competitor to the Tacoma for YEARS.

I wasn’t happy when they announced they would stop making cars to focus on trucks and SUVs but they are going to make what sells.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I can see the point in many not wanting a truck for any number of reasons, among them weight, ride quality, MPG, handling with their live rear ends especially on bumpy roads, overall size, etc. Even if you have to occasionally haul something a very practical option is to go with a sedan or wagon and simply buy a utility trailer.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7119 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Can they offer it in an SHO trim? Big Grin

Considering you can get the 3.0L Twin Turbo with AWD having 400hp and the SHO only had 365hp essentially you get better.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25448 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post