SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kate Steinle killer not guilty
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Kate Steinle killer not guilty Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I'm devastated for Kate, and her family.
We as a people have clearly lost our way as a society. The court system, the government and it citizens, will have to live with this murder for the rest of their pathetic lives, May the spirit of Kate haunt you forever!

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Terrible, unjust verdict.
Should the wall be constructed around Kalifornia?

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
Do I recall correctly that markings on the bullet indicate that it was a ricochet?

Please also try to recall other facts.
Stolen gun.
Gun pointed in an unsafe direction with finger on trigger.
Finger pull trigger, gun go boom.
Gun kicked into the water after shooting it.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I think what they're saying is that its not illegal for an illegal to kill a legal in California

which I think it means it legal to kill a legal...

It's too bad American volunteers can't go to the border to repel the invasion from Mexico. Citizens killing invaders would stop the flow in about a week.

Posts: 5235 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
The court system, the government and it citizens, will have to live with this murder for the rest of their pathetic lives

In SF? I’m thinking many citizens were pulling for the illegal immigrant to go free. If they gave a shit, they would vote for something different come election time.

Posts: 3974 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
it was a ricochet?

There's still the issue of involuntary manslaughter aka criminally negligent homicide.

Beginning to think that John Wilkes Booth would have gotten a free ride in California.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I think what they're saying is that its not illegal for an illegal to kill a legal in California

which I think it means it legal to kill a legal...

It's too bad American volunteers can't go to the border to repel the invasion from Mexico. Citizens killing invaders would stop the flow in about a week.

Nothing says GTFO like a bunch of rotting illegal alien bodies lining the border.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I wonder if I could shoot him and get the same verdict.
I'm pretty sure I'd get charged with hate murder or some shit.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in learning more about the jurors. The press seems to have been more silent on this subject unlike their reporting in the Simpson and Zimmerman cases.

Also were people with some knowledge of firearms excluded from the jury?

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Probably hasn't got a chance of passing but it sounds good to me.

A Republican congressman plans to introduce a bill Monday that would threaten huge fines and prison time for elected officials accused of sheltering illegal immigrant criminals from deportation, in the wake of the not-guilty verdict in the Kate Steinle murder trial.

Indiana Rep. Todd Rokita’s bill is one of the most aggressive pieces of legislation to date aimed at sanctuary city policies, going beyond the Justice Department’s threat to cut off grants to those jurisdictions.

“Politicians don’t get to pick and choose what laws to comply with,” Rokita told Fox News. “Americans are dying because politicians sworn to uphold the law refuse to do so.”

His “Stopping Lawless Actions of Politicians (SLAP) Act” would hold state and local lawmakers criminally responsible for refusing to comply with federal immigration enforcement efforts. The Republican’s bill would subject violators to a $1 million fine and up to five years in prison if they are convicted.

“It’s time the federal government gets serious about enforcing immigration laws and holding politicians accountable who conspire to break them,” said Rokita.

Rokita also supported “Kate’s Law” – legislation that would boost penalties for illegal immigrants who were previously deported and that was named after Steinle.

On Thursday, Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, an illegal immigrant who already had been deported back to Mexico five times, was acquitted in the 2015 murder of Steinle on a San Francisco pier.

Zarate’s attorneys argued Zarate had found a gun that accidentally discharged, and the bullet ricocheted off the ground before hitting Steinle. Prosecutors argued Zarate intentionally shot 32-year-old Steinle.

The killing revived a national debate over sanctuary city policies, as some lawmakers as well as Steinle’s family faulted San Francisco for releasing the suspect from a local jail without notifying federal immigration officials.

President Trump, who frequently cited Steinle’s case on the campaign trail, called the not-guilty verdict “disgraceful” and a “complete travesty of justice.”
Attorney General Jeff Sessions took direct aim at the city, saying San Francisco’s “decision to protect criminal aliens led to the preventable and heartbreaking death of Kate Steinle.”

In an interview prior to Thursday’s verdict, Steinle’s family said they wanted the case out of the national spotlight. “We just want to get this over with and move on with our lives, and think about Kate on our terms,” Jim Steinle, Kate’s father, told the San Francisco Chronicle.

Following the verdict, he said his family was shocked Zarate was convicted only of firearm possession.

On Friday, the DOJ released an amended arrest warrant for Zarate for a supervised release violation.

Rokita’s bill follows a similar attempt in Texas to punish local officials who ignore federal requests to hold and then potentially turn over suspects for possible deportation. That law is the subject of a federal court challenge.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...egal-immigrants.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:
If you knew how stupid SF and CA juries are, this BS outcome comes as no surprise.

We have seen only what's in the press. We have not seen what the jury saw, nor heard their instructions.

Is it not possible that the prosecution simply failed to make their case?

No, it is much better to decide based on what is reported in the press (you know, the press we trust so much) than on the actual evidence.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Report This Post