SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Portland figured out how to stop gang violence.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portland figured out how to stop gang violence. Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Okay, I got to relate a story where this kind of government thinking is actually a good thing.

At my sail club my wife wanted an outside shower at the end of our dock. took years and just the right person asking the board of stewards and they finally said yes. the issue is the club rents their land from the Army Corps of Engineers that have to come by and inspect the property every year. Rent is something like 75 grand a year by the way.... well guess what, Army Corps comes and sees the enclosed shower... open on the bottom and top and just cold water and says this is not okay because the run off can end up in the lake... now keep in mind that not only do folks wash their boats in the parking lot but those on the slips do on occasion wash there boat too... The Army Corps solution was we had to put a sign on the shower door that said one could not use soap or conditioner while showering. ... you can't make this kind of stuff up.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post