SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ospreys and Sikorskys Overhead
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ospreys and Sikorskys Overhead Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
In prep for President Uknowwho's visit to the Bay Area this Tuesday, Marine 1 and HMX-1 have been cruising up and down the Peninsula all week.

HMX-1 (Marine V-22 Ospreys). There was a third one just out-of-field:

HMX-1 - 1 by kpkina, on Flickr

Marine 1, which carries the Pres, and decoy (Sikorskys):

Marine 1 - 1 by kpkina, on Flickr

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16387 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
SIGNAL MIRROOOOORRRRRRRR!!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31483 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Damn they were loud (in a good way). Woke me up from a nap. Knew what they were, so I ran to the balcony with my phone.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16387 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back when BHO was POTUS he seemed to visit every 6-months. I was living then in Burlingame and the Osprey's had just joined the fleet, lots of photogs to check them out by the executive terminal. They were uniquely loud as they took their familiarization flights around the area.

Bay Area is going to be a hive of federal activity over the next 45-days. POTUS coming/going, Fleet Week in the middle of Oct and the APEC conference in mid-Nov already has pier-96 taken over by the Feds with lots of augmented federal LEO's because SFPD is woefully shorthanded.

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know specifically why they make pre-runs a week before the actual presidential visit? Checking security, alternate landing zones, and the like?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
^^^
Principally so the pilots become familiar with the area and understand prominent landmarks, waypoints and approaches of the routes. Secondarily, and equally important, so they can troubleshoot any mechanical issues after the helos have been reassembled.

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Just went to the Miramar Air Show yesterday—wife and I walked 4.4 miles getting there to and from the parking lot!
If I get a chance I’ll post some photos done with my new Olympus OM-1.

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post