SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cops Taser ATF agent
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cops Taser ATF agent Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If only that trick worked every time on those ATF dicks

Posts: 3372 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
From an article describing his lawsuit.

“ When Burk knocked on the door of the home, a person inside called 911 and read the dispatcher Burk's badge number while refusing to open the door.”

“ When Fihe arrived at the scene, Agent Burk stood outside the home's front door and waved the officer over to where he was standing," the lawsuit said. "Even though Agent Burk had both hands raised and had represented that he is a federal agent, officer Fihe immediately drew his weapon and pointed it ... while simultaneously screaming at (Burk) to get on the ground."

“ Burk has since moved to an administrative role within ATF because of the incident and injuries, both physical and psychological, Burk says he suffered.”
https://www.dispatch.com/story...ve-force/6505667002/

The wine theft is from October 2015. There appears charges weren’t filed.

“ According to deputies, they caught Burk going to the self-checkout in August and paying $19 for four bottles of wine that had a total price tag of $222.

The report says Burk bought bottles of Stag's Leap Wine priced at $62.99 and $33.99, but the code he entered charged him only $4.99.

According to the report, Kroger employees had grown suspicious of Burk and began watching him. They said he did the same thing multiple times.

We went to Burk's house for comment but no one came to the door. We also contacted the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. A spokeswoman said the agency is aware of the charge and that it is handling the matter internally but would not comment further“
https://www.wcpo.com/news/loca...ing-wine-from-kroger

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

It says right there in the first line:
" Top notch correspondent Bethany Bruner of the The Columbus Dispatch "
She's Top. Notch. So it has to be accurate.

Ah, well, that solves everything.

Almost as much as a google search.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" Burk has since moved to an administrative role within ATF because of the incident and injuries, both physical and psychological, Burk says he suffered.”

What a little bitch.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8369 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
From an article describing his lawsuit.

“ When Burk knocked on the door of the home, a person inside called 911 and read the dispatcher Burk's badge number while refusing to open the door.”

“ When Fihe arrived at the scene, Agent Burk stood outside the home's front door and waved the officer over to where he was standing," the lawsuit said. "Even though Agent Burk had both hands raised and had represented that he is a federal agent, officer Fihe immediately drew his weapon and pointed it ... while simultaneously screaming at (Burk) to get on the ground."

“ Burk has since moved to an administrative role within ATF because of the incident and injuries, both physical and psychological, Burk says he suffered.”

The wine theft is from October 2015. There appears charges weren’t filed.

“ According to deputies, they caught Burk going to the self-checkout in August and paying $19 for four bottles of wine that had a total price tag of $222.

The report says Burk bought bottles of Stag's Leap Wine priced at $62.99 and $33.99, but the code he entered charged him only $4.99.

According to the report, Kroger employees had grown suspicious of Burk and began watching him. They said he did the same thing multiple times.

We went to Burk's house for comment but no one came to the door. We also contacted the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. A spokeswoman said the agency is aware of the charge and that it is handling the matter internally but would not comment further“
https://www.wcpo.com/news/loca...ing-wine-from-kroger

that is a common thing at Self Checkouts,

they are a thieves paradise,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10436 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

If the stores were that concerned about theft then perhaps they should stick with manned checkouts. How can you count on untrained average shoppers to a) do things correctly, or b) be honest.

I believe they did the math and found that theft may increase, but they save on paying checkers to the extent that the increase theft was worth it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15733 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d love to see the body cam footage of that dude doing the curly shuffle on the front porch. I bet the home owner was laughing his ass off

Posts: 3372 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
So the ATF only sends one guy out to grab-a-gun?

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7905 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

If the stores were that concerned about theft then perhaps they should stick with manned checkouts. How can you count on untrained average shoppers to a) do things correctly, or b) be honest.

I believe they did the math and found that theft may increase, but they save on paying checkers to the extent that the increase theft was worth it.

depends on the location,

some stores I managed increased the number of self checkouts due to volume/foot traffic, (and that was a high theft store)

some took some out (and moved them to other stores)

it's a numbers game,

hard part is finding a cashier to overlook them that will actually check and look over each customer to make sure they are not sliding stuff

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10436 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

Yeah, you don’t have to pay healthcare benefits for a self-serve barcode scanner. But there are POS scanning systems that stores can program certain UPC codes into so that when merchandise of a a certain type or price point gets scanned, the unit pops up a “Please Wait for Assistance” screen and hits the brakes until an employee clears the hold. I’ve seen them here in the Dallas area at grocery stores that sell wine to help keep teenagers from buying it.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Sometimes shit happens .....at one of my bachelor parties....it Rochester of all places I saw a Deputy Marshal get beat down with a cue ball by a bouncer. The deputy was in the wrong and being an asshat, my buddy and I were behind a brick wall after deducing it was a cop bar earlier. My experience is cops ( not all) and booze plus guns equals bad mojo ( ask be about Halloween w/ the M4 with a giggle switch and blanks in a basement experience)

To this day I giggle..." I'm a US ...thunk thunk Deputy...thunk.. Marshal ..thunk thunk"

The guys in the squad outside picked him up.

Think the placed was called Fat Moes.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a typical goldbrick.

They'd raise a lot of money letting so many abused by ATF & other alphabet soup bureaus push the button on the lightning.

Love the Police and Military, can't stand little Napoleons.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post