SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you have a " what if " fire arms list in your wallet or head?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have a " what if " fire arms list in your wallet or head? Login/Join 
posted
As in,
If you walked in to a retail store one day with no expectations of a purchase.

And they ended up having one or two or three of the firearms that you have been wanting

You would immediately, without a second thought,
Haul out the cash or credit card and purchase the gun(s).

Or at the very least put it on layaway.

I have four in my head that will be a definant grab up now deal.

Even if they were $35.00 too much.

Just curious.
I've looked for these for four years w/o success.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Yes I do. One would be P-226 of W German origin with lots of holster wear. Another is a 1903 hammerless, 380 would be a bonus. .41 mag Marlin, 327Fed Henry steel are both on the list as well. I keep my eyes open for a very nice 20ga Winchester model 12, dad grew up with one and always spoke fondly of it (it was quite a family expense I think).

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
S&W mountain gun in either 44 or 45ACP
1903 Springfield Rifle I think I want one with the sights near the rear tho.M1903A3
I’d like my first duty gun, should have bought it when we got new guns…w. German folded slide P226
One of those jerry miculek revolvers in 357 that uses moon clips and isn’t more then 6 shots ..don’t know the model number

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Marlin 1894 in .357mag.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
No I don't but that's a good suggestion.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. 3inch no lock smith 65. And then one appeared at a local pawn shop and I grabbed it $450 with box and papers . This was last week in fact.

There’s a few others that I would not leave a store without getting it but the price would have to be right or so rare and hard to get I’d pay almost any reasonable price.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not anymore

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
All Pinned and recessed S&W revolvers in decent shape.

I honestly want to own all of them much like the Hunt Brothers wanted to own all the silver.

On the other hand, if it's a beater "project gun" I need to pass it up.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Not anymore

I'm with Para. I used to, most are in my safe, and never go out to play. I look for odd stuff, like a M1922 22lr, but usually pass.

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
...Another is a 1903 hammerless, 380 would be a bonus.

Just FYI, the Colt model 1903 Hammerless is .32 ACP. The one that is just like it but chambered in .380 ACP is a model 1908 Colt Hammerless.

Adding to the confusion, the little .25 ACP "vest pocket" pistol is also called a 1908. A Model 1908 Vest Pocket.

Smile

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a couple that I would debate doing. But one, that I would at least put on layaway if it had everything with it would be a Walther P5.

I have a SIG P6, and H&K P7, I would really like to have a P5. But it would have to be clean, look new, or very little use/wear, have everything that came in the box, and not have an insane price tag.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W 581 or 681.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Not really, unless its something clean from S&W performance center built in the 1990s.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Knights M110 kit

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smith model 64 with the 4 inch skinny barrel.
Colt Lawman Mk.3 with a 2 inch barrel.
Colt or good quality SP1 AR15
Savage/Stevens 311 in 20ga.

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Among pistols that are currently produced the answer would be no, except for a couple small variants (e.g. if Sig released a P320 AXG w/o a rail).

I wouldn't hesitate to consider a new pistol if it piqued my interest. For instance, there are many of us who wouldn't scoff at an all-steel P225 (based on the original config, not the bastardized P239 aka P225-A1). If Dan Wesson ever comes out with the compact DWX or say B&T launched the USW-P, I'd probably snag 'em.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Not a firearm, but a 338 Lapua barrel and bolt for my Tac2.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
H&K Mark 23.
Ive never seen one in the wild but if I did...
Ungodly big, can't carry it but I want one.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think AZSigshooter used to carry a 23 daily under a custom designed shirt with a belly band.

But heck he hasn't been around for ten years.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
No not really. My last gun that would have fallen into that category was a ‘Milford, CT’ marked Seecamp in 25acp, which I just acquired. I met Larry Seecamp in his Milford shop and was present the day my 32acp was manufactured and also own a Milford 380. I finally found one at a price I was willing to pay. I also collect Freedom Arms mini 22lr revolvers and belt buckles. I have one more belt buckle I’m searching for but the prices are a little high and I don’t care if it ever finds it’s way. I’m probably closer to selling off a bunch than I am to adding any more.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post