SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Missouri lawmaker proposes bill that would require residents to own an AR-15 rifle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missouri lawmaker proposes bill that would require residents to own an AR-15 rifle Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
But I only own a Mini-14. Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a strong pro gun person.

But, I think this is a really bad idea. I know of many people that should NEVER own a gun. I know many people that are heavy drinkers or have insane tempers or are simply too irresponsible. Also I have met very few democrats that think rationally enough that they should be fire arm owners! Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Does this mean I can tell Mrs. ShneaSIG that I have to go buy another AR-15? I don't think she'll believe me.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I am a strong pro gun person.

But, I think this is a really bad idea.

For the love of...

Are you guys even reading the thread?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
There was a similar law passed in Kennesaw, Georgia back in 1982 that every household had to have at least one firearm. It made exceptions for those with contrary religious beliefs and a few others. Shortly thereafter, the crime rate in Kennasaw plunged to almost zero, while that in neighboring towns soared. AFAIK, the law was not seriously enforced, but it did give the bad guys a warning that they might face guns if they broke into houses in Kennesaw.

AIR, the law was passed as a counter to one in Morton Grove, Illinois that banned any firearms in the town limits (other than police). Not surprisingly (to me, anyway), crime in Morton Grove rose substantially after the law was passed.

While I agree that it's probably government overreach to make law on this issue, at least one instance (Kennesaw) did result in positive results.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post