SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NY Post Article - Veterans On Duty - Taking the Military Back from the Woke Idiots
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NY Post Article - Veterans On Duty - Taking the Military Back from the Woke Idiots Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Interesting Article here. I am going to check out this organization.

quote:
When I joined the US Army in 2011, the training I received — beginning with ROTC, then infantry officer school, followed by Airborne and Ranger schools — focused on preparing me and my fellow soldiers to prevail in battle. Only five months after Ranger school, I deployed to Afghanistan, where everything I learned would be tested.

Woven into this training was something even more important than tactics and weapons: We were inculcated in an old and honorable military culture defined by ideas like duty, courage, discipline and selflessness.

This is rarely the case today, more than a decade into a quiet revolution in the culture of the military initiated by the Obama administration and being pushed with new fervor by Team Biden. This revolution treats the military as yet another American institution whose traditions must be targeted in the name of “diversity, equity and inclusion.” And it is happening at a moment of growing peril from overseas.

Consider the score. Despite Ukrainians’ valiant resistance, Russia may emerge from the war with more territory and closer ties to Beijing. China’s arms build-up is relentless; last year, the Communist Chinese Navy surpassed our own as the world’s largest, and China is methodically wresting military, diplomatic and economic dominance in the Pacific away from the United States.

Iran is on the cusp of obtaining nuclear weapons; North Korea, already a nuclear power, performed an unprecedented 18 ballistic-missile tests over the last year. Our disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan laid bare the incompetence of our intelligence community and the limits of our resolve.

In the face of these problems, our military leaders act more like bureaucrats than commanders. None had the honor to resign after the fall of Kabul, a result of too many generals being promoted over the last 20 years for their political and administrative skills.

Much of the Pentagon functions as a federal jobs program, with its number of civilian employees the highest in history while the services have the lowest troop levels in decades. Weapons programs run billions over budget before being canceled. Our Navy pulls into port with ships that look like 10,000-ton rust buckets.

Meanwhile, the Biden administration is distracting military leaders with a new, woke policy agenda that they appear far too eager to embrace. Today military officials talk so much about climate change, domestic extremism and systemic racism that you’d think our enemies are at home, not abroad. Green Berets are forced to sit through trainings about transgenderism.

Official military reading lists include the anti-American ravings of Ibram X. Kendi. Army recruitment ads seem aimed more at attracting social-justice warriors than actual warriors. The Navy is producing instructional videos on gender pronouns while its poorly maintained ships crash at sea.

Officers are led astray by our service academies, whose curricula are growing indistinguishable from that of woke Ivy League schools. Physical fitness standards have been lowered significantly for the sake of “inclusivity.” The chairman of the Joint Chiefs says he seeks to understand “white rage.” The Secretary of Defense released an official statement about the Supreme Court’s abortion ruling.

All of this has weakened training, lowered morale and created politicized incentives for promotion that could get soldiers killed in war. It has driven some of our best warriors out of the service in disgust. And it diminishes the fighting spirit, cohesiveness and reputation of America’s Armed Forces. I fear that is exactly the point.
It’s time to confront this problem. Veterans have given too much to allow the service to become another victim of the left’s culture war. We have lost limbs and carried unseen scars. We have buried friends and family members.

That’s why I joined with like-minded vets to launch Veterans on Duty, a new national membership organization. Our goal: To compel the military to get back to basics by exposing how the woke revolution in the services works and how policymakers can defeat it. And we’ll support candidates and elected officials who’ll take on those corroding our military.

Times are too dire and threats too serious to sit on the sidelines. The American people have a right to insist their military does what they pay it to do: protect our country from external attack — and nothing more.

Jason Church, a retired captain in the US Army and Purple Heart recipient, is chairman of Veterans on Duty, a 501(c)(4) dedicated to preserving the American military and the American way of life.

Seems only on Facebook so far. https://www.facebook.com/vetsonduty/

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had drill this weekend and was able to speak with a retention NCO and we also had a SFC from the Inspector Generals Office there to watch training (just an observer and she was making the rounds of all the training brigades). She is also a civilian employee down at Fort Bragg.

They both said that retention is down about 65%.
On the 18th of July 2022 (yesterday) I spoke a retention NCO for the NC National Guard. He said the same thing and recruiting for new recruits is in the crapper. (I am switching to the Guard)

This article is the reason.
The rate individuals are leaving Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations is astounding.
In my Training Company alone we have at least three soldiers leaving after their first hitch.

We have four who just left active duty with the 82nd and are doing the Reserves try it for a year.. Nope.. they are all gone in January. Three are SGT's, one is a Spec 4.

One is a SSG from the Psychological Operations world who has done three tours in Poland, Hungary etc, and speaks three languages. GONE in January also.

All say the same thing.
We came to fight not watch power point, or what to call Sally Shopping Cart or Joe six pack.

I am not sure what will right the barge.
To me it has sunk.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently read a history on D Day and it didn't pull any punches.

What we got right was insuring that every man landing on the beach was one of the fittest people on the planet. During the training in the lead up the average infantryman felt that they were being trained excessively. For example they just didn't see any reason why they would need to carry 130 lbs. of rifle, ammo, and pack for a 36 mile forced march. BTW, average weight of Infantry was 146 lbs. Six months after D Day the infantry nearly universally stated that they really needed MORE high intensity Fitness Training leading up to D Day.

The simple fact is that troops in a boots on the ground shooting war cannot afford to have even one ounce of extra fat on their bodies. If you aren't at absolute peak fitness you will be too slow to survive. Unfortunately it seems our current generation of Generals do not understand this and if we do get into a real shooting war we will lose tens of thousands of troops re-learning this lesson.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5660 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Survey raises serious questions about the future of the all-volunteer force

By Karen Jowers
Jul 18, 01:07 PM

The results of a new survey of military and veterans and spouses — including details on financial difficulties — raise concerns about the future of the military, said the executive director of the organization that conducted the survey.

Fewer military, veterans and spouses are likely to recommend military service, according to the findings, and the reasons are related to their own well-being, said Shannon Razsadin, president and executive director of the Military Family Advisory Network.

“At the end of the day, families are having a hard time making ends meet, and that’s affecting their overall well-being,” she said. “We see the connection between well-being and loneliness, well-being and housing, well-being and food security. When you layer that on top of the fact that fewer people are likely to recommend military service, it paints a very clear picture of concern related to the future of the all-volunteer force...”

Complete article:

https://www.militarytimes.com/...all-volunteer-force/

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately this crap is being shoved down your local LE’s throats too. Mandatory sensitivity training. Search and Seizure refreshers w/ more CRT and woke nuances included in the law reviews. This takes away from the training for EVOC, DT, etc… for some part. It does take officers off the street to sit and watch it. And then people bitch that the cops aren’t on the street and just sitting in the station…. And when you hit the street you better be careful what you do…..Cripes!!!!

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
357fuzz

I hear this from fellow officers all the time, and as much as I miss working a beat I believe my time in LE has passed.

In a way I am glad that no one is interested in my experience because I don't think I would survive the new LE world.

Plus, I don't think I could stomach having to do double woke training.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just heard from a friend today whose son is in Army recruiting and he confirmed that the Army is hurting right now in the recruitment field.

We are going to be in big trouble someday soon Confused

And these geniuses want to kick out 250,000+ National Guardsmen for refusing the Covid shot?

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"It’s not clear either if the service will go ahead with its plan to establish a pre-basic training preparatory camp at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, for prospective recruits who need to improve their aptitude scores or lose body fat in order to serve. Proponents say the camp is a way to help young Americans — who are increasingly too fat or otherwise not qualified to serve — meet the Army’s standards before they’re allowed to proceed further in training..."

Huh? PRE-BASIC PREP???????

Complete article: https://www.militarytimes.com/...hief-tells-congress/

The article fails to mention the current administration's obsession with wokeness.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a previous statement to Army Times, though, Army Secretary Christine Wormuth indicated that the Army understands the enormity of the recruiting crisis and is considering major changes to its accessions system.

“This is not a one-year challenge,” Wormuth said. “And because it’s not a one-year problem we will solve overnight, we are examining a wide range of additional steps we could take in the short and longer term to recruit more soldiers into the Army without lowering standards or sacrificing quality.”

Yes, some of the recruits are overweight. Helping them lose the weight is not a bad idea.
But I would bet that many more don't want the clot shot. That's a policy change that could be changed overnight.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Army plans ‘prep course’ to help hopeful soldiers lose weight, improve test scores

By Davis Winkie
Jul 26, 08:10 PM

The Army will establish a pre-basic training preparatory course at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, that will offer 90 days of training to prospective troops who don’t meet aptitude test or body fat standards to start boot camp, service officials announced Tuesday afternoon.

It is the Army’s most ambitious effort yet to address a massive recruiting shortfall.

Army Times reported July 18 that the Army was preparing to launch a prep course at the South Carolina post under training cadre from 1st Battalion, 61st Infantry, and had started diverting standard trainees to other installations to make room for the prep course troops...

Complete article:

https://www.armytimes.com/news...improve-test-scores/