SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What laundry detergent do you use for workout clothes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What laundry detergent do you use for workout clothes? Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Another vote for vinegar.

Worked wonders for our bath towels too. A little dash right in the wash and fill the fabric softener cup with it.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
CR tested 8 sensitive skin formulas and the best was Persil ProClean Power-Liquid Sensitive skin. Still excellent on body oils & dirt, but falls to just good for blood, wine, tea, and chocolate ice cream.

Second best and half the money was Kirkland's Ultra Clean Free & Clear. It falls to very good for body oils & dirt but is the same as Persil for grass stains, blood, wine, tea, and chocolate ice cream.

Thanks. I'm not sure I've ever seen Persil. Kirkland's sounds good and easy to get. Any idea makes it (Kirkland stuff is usually just re-branded products with some tweaks?)? Wonder if it is basically All?
Persil used to be Walmart only when they first started importing it in 2015. For the last 18 months, I've been able to find it at my normal grocery store (HEB which is Texas only) which matches which CR said about expanding beyond Walmart to most grocery stores.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23320 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Tide

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10941 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I use Climalite (Adidas) for everything. I use Tide HE detergent. I never dry it either, I hang it dry. The material is the most important. Climalite lasts me ten times what cotton did.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12661 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I never dry it either, I hang it dry.

But the high temp in the dryer tends to kill off lots of things.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10941 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Another vote for vinegar.
Back of a little of the amount of detergent,or you will have suds spewing out the top of washer.

Posts: 22411 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I never dry it either, I hang it dry.

But the high temp in the dryer tends to kill off lots of things.

With Climalite that is irrelevant. Different material.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12661 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions and information (tatortodd). I'm going to try some of these, but especially make sure to not use softener.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Borax or Oxi-Clean (or their generic equivalents). Some recommend vinegar or baking soda, but I've had good luck with Borax and Oxi-clean.

Also, don't use fabric softener. It holds the odor in your clothes, can damage some fabrics, and none of them actually does anything beneficial.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/0...ss-workout-gear.html

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for borax and vinegar. Both kill a wide range of bugs.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post