SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SCAM ALERT!!! Anybody do business with premiumgunshop.com or premiumgunshop.org?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCAM ALERT!!! Anybody do business with premiumgunshop.com or premiumgunshop.org? Login/Join 
Picture of rangeme101
posted
Both sites look super legit. Best scam site I’ve ever seen. site appears legit but i have never come across them before. has a blog and reviews. called number and it goes to a google voice mail. had a response back by text within a minute or two, i called from my mobile. they answered questions with no issues via text. at checkout it offers payment by Zelle or PayPal.

doesnt PayPal frown upon gun stores? i thought i've read here of businesses having issues with PayPal releasing funds for firearm or related items to the business.

there is no CC option, unless you go through PayPal.

the google voice mail, responding with text and no CC option except through PayPal has me questioning them.

let me know if anyone knows if this online sales is good company.

thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rangeme101,

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't use places without cc option. My Chase card has never been turned down for a gun purchase, and has "charged back" guns I ordered that weren't shipped.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
After some due diligence it looks strongly like this is a scam site. Also premiumgunshop”.org” is also. They call or email you back telling you there email and account to place money in. When that is done they will send out merchandise. Unfortunately they never send it after they have the funds. And they continue with excuses as to why while asking for more funds for additional insurance or shipping and such.

Like I said the whole Zelle thing made it feel wrong. Zelle is totally not insured and neither Zelle nor your banking institution will help with any retrieval or returning of funds due to a scam. And the only reason why I questioned PayPal, even though it’s a legit and insurable purchase means, was its a firearm store and I’ve heard many bad stories on making firearm purchases through them. So why would a firearm store have PayPal as main payment option?

Also the phone number is Alabama area code. And the seller says they are in KY. There is no physical address location to be found on sites.

One more thing. One of the sites actually has their supposedly FFL number posted right at the top with phone number and a gmail account (another red flag for me). The FFL holder is in KY under another business name. It’s a legit and currently current FFL number but surely not owned by this scammer.

Hope this helps anyone from being scammed. Have a great weekend.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Looking for guns lately I can't believe the number of scam sites I've come across.I check the about us and the contact info. If that's sketchy as it often is, I move along. The first tipoff though with these places is when they have stock and the prices are normal. If they have a lot of guns and the prices aren't inflated a red flag goes up immediately for me.

Posts: 3466 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangeme101:

there is no CC option, unless you go through PayPal.

There's nothing really suspicious about this. Many sites use paypal in this way. It's the same as paying solely with a credit card.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
There's nothing really suspicious about this. Many sites use paypal in this way. It's the same as paying solely with a credit card.

The suspicious part, as pointed out by the OP, is that Paypal doesn't allow firearm transactions.

No legitimate gun store uses Paypal. Paypal wouldn't allow it, and as soon as they found out, Paypal would freeze their account and they'd be out all the money in it.

Posts: 32538 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does seem to be VERY sketchy. If it is, it's somewhat well crafted. They aren't listing a lot of product from brands that are currently VERY hard to find. Just like most legit shop inventories, no Glock 19s, no Ruger GP100s, no HK SP5s, no M3 generation 30rd PMAGs, etc. Even some of their pricing seems Rona-market correct.

EXCEPT ammo.

No market adjusted (aka price gouging to some) pricing at all on any of it that I saw. $12 for a 50rd box of 9mm Speer Lawman, apparently IN STOCK. $9 for a 20rd box of S&B .308, apparently IN STOCK. And so on. Pre-Corona prices. Yeah, right.

As for PayPal: it does allow an account holder to use an number of attached credit cards to the account as the preferred method of payment. I do it all of the time instead of drawing from the bank account that's required to be attached to the PP account upon signing up. When I've had past problems with eBay purchases and PP has dragged their feet on their investigations and payment protections, a simple threat of contacting my card company directly and filing a fraudulent transaction claim gets surprisingly fast results out of them. Yes PayPal DOES have an anti-gun transactions policy, but your credit card company typically does not. Using PP as the conduit to funnel payment to a seller, legit or otherwise, doesn't necessarily mean that you're without fraud protection, though I would verify that with your credit card company to be certain.

But you're right; a conscientious, legit gun dealer would know that using PayPal would be a problematic method for buyers. However, I do know that some GB sellers will suggest using PP to complete transactions since I've seen such invoices from incoming FFL transfers. So not all folks are wise on the policies of PayPal.

-MG

Posts: 2006 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

The suspicious part, as pointed out by the OP, is that Paypal doesn't allow firearm transactions.

No legitimate gun store uses Paypal. Paypal wouldn't allow it, and as soon as they found out, Paypal would freeze their account and they'd be out all the money in it.

Ah, I see.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That site has been popping up on a few gun/sales boards in Fl. and appears to be a scam site. Do not send any funds there, as you will not see your money or items you paid for. Type in "is premiumgunshop a scam" on your computer and it will tell of many horror stories.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Duck Duck Go won’t load the .com website, and my Asus router blocked the .org site because of malware.

Posts: 3241 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post