SIGforum
Car guys... let's talk Infiniti and Lexus for a moment, please.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8230059844

October 31, 2018, 10:32 PM
heathtx
Car guys... let's talk Infiniti and Lexus for a moment, please.
I've had Acura, Lexus and Maxima. To me they are:
Acura - nice but underpowered
Lexus - refined but boring drive
Maxima - sporty but not as nice as the above

I'm waiting on the redesigned Q with the big V8 engine
October 31, 2018, 11:07 PM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Is the IS300 you looked at the 4-cylinder turbo or the V6 engine? If 4-cylinder that is part of the reason for the lower cost compared with the Q50. I don't really like the drone of a 4-cylinder, and I don't care about the small MPG difference, so I would pay a bit more for the V6 engine.

That's a good point, Brett. The IS300 has the 4-cylinder turbo, and yes, a closer comparison would be the 2-liter Q50 -- the 3-liter does cost more. I've compared those two, and for the 1-2mpg difference, I'd grab the 3-liter every time.

quote:
The VQ is a great engine and the Q50 will probably have a sportier feel to it overall.

I can't argue that at all.

quote:
New car shopping is the fun part, spend a little time to check out the TLX before you commit. You may be pleasantly surprised like I was.

The shopping can be fun, for sure. I hadn't really considered Acura (not a fan of the local dealer). However, after being dead-set on Q50 and suddenly taking a liking to the IS300, I guess I should be even a bit more open-minded and have a look at Acura too.

IMO, the TLX is a decent looking car in ASpec trim, but like I mentioned before, the V6 models have a pretty poor 9AT, from what ige read on Acurazine.
Also, FWD, where the Q and IS are RWD.

The Enemy's gate is down.
November 01, 2018, 08:03 AM
JohnCourage
I own a 2010 Lexus IS350. It's fast, handles great and the V6 is bulletproof. No issues with the car. If it ever dies and I get another sedan I would probably look at the GS. Same engine but a little more roomy. The interiors on the newer versions of these are very nice. Makes mine feel so dated.

When I bought my Lexus I also looked at Acura and Infiniti. I did not like Acura because I don't like FWD performance sedans and the INFINITI felt like the build quality was less than the Lexus. Doors felt hollow and light. The Lexus felt more solid.

JC
November 01, 2018, 12:50 PM
Dusty78
You might want to look at the new fully spec’d out Camry V6. They finally have some style to them.

November 01, 2018, 06:37 PM
vthoky
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
new fully spec’d out Camry V6. They finally have some style to them.

No kidding! A neighbor out the road has one in Galactic Aqua Mica. Holy smokes, that's good-looking!

It's a front-driver, and that's a different world for me. It's not really what I want, but I'd go test drive one, for sure.

God bless America.